• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Not specific enough with my dealer I guess

fourbarrel

Building a collection one sled at a time
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 SRX
I dropped my sled off in September to have a couple warranty things taken care of before it expires in December. Heated thumb warmer,seat warmer and,what I thought would be covered, the secondary rollers. There was a small defect in one but I could have lived with it.I could have sworn I read on a thread somewhere that there was a replacement bulletin for them. Anyway I get the call the sled is ready to pick up,2 months later but that's another story. I go yesterday to get the sled and we go over the work which is when I get told the rollers aren't covered. Fine, BUT once the service manager learned this his first call should have been to me asking if I still wanted them replaced. So $604 later I'm out the door. $294 for labour, 200 and change for parts then taxes. Me being me I didn't question the bill but wanted to look it over better before I go back. It appears I paid 3 hours labour to have clutch rollers replaced, which if this ends up being the case then they need to fire that mechanic because he's f'n incompetent. I've had the secondary off and know first hand how long it takes. I will be going back to get an explanation of the charges,if for nothing else to let me know I didn't get ripped off. I could have bought aftermarket rollers cheaper than the OEM ones and put them on myself.

*IF* that's all that was done outside of the warranty work then yes, that's way high on the labour. One hour maximum, and maybe less.

Was thinking the same.. MAYBE a hour on rollers... Can be done in way less, but its the minimum hour charge thing maybe

Was thinking the same.. MAYBE a hour on rollers... Can be done in way less, but its the minimum hour charge thing maybe
At $98 and hour labour rate I highly doubt it took the mechanic 3 hours to remove the clutch,change the rollers then put it back on. But like I said earlier I still want to go back and get a good explanation of the charges.

Everything else I had done to the sled was a warranty repair so I'm.going to assume the associated labour was covered too.

At $98 and hour labour rate I highly doubt it took the mechanic 3 hours to remove the clutch,change the rollers then put it back on. But like I said earlier I still want to go back and get a good explanation of the charges.
Yup definitely go back, that’s not right. Ask him how he would like to get boned on services chargers for his own vehicles.

There’s a reason some are called “STEALERSHIPS”, You’ve found one!

Ok .......... Update on my thread. First time back to the dealer was today so I figured I'd corner the service manager,who also happens to be the owner,about my previous invoice.I had my questions all in my head to put forth my argument for being overcharged on the labour so I started off by clarifying that the repairs covered under warranty also included the labour.Yes that was included,even though it was an extended warranty on my sled,which I didn't know.I thought theses sleds come with 3 year coverage,but that's another story.So with that sorted out I said the only thing not covered was the clutch work and yes that was correct.That's when I mentioned that I got charged 3 hours labour to install clutch rollers.Of course his reaction was " really,that's what you got billed?" It was right about then that he told me that the new seat heating pad did not end up being covered by the warranty,at which point I said to myself " here it comes,now he's going to expect me to pay for that too". But no he said they'd put that through on another sled with remaining factory coverage.So back to my 3 hour labour bill,I said that it seems awfully out of line to charge 3 hours for a job that 1 would more than take care of.Off to the computer and he looks up the flat rate chart for jobs and comes back with a revised labour charge.He says the flat rate for a "clutch service" is 1.2 hours,so I was pretty close in my estimate I guess.He re invoices me for the work which he knocks the biggest part of 2 hours off,making it more in line with what it should have been in the first place.I left after getting my refund still not really in all that great a mood thinking " how many other people are getting screwed over like this and not saying anything"? Anyway I guess that experience just reinforced my choice to buy the service manual last year was a pretty good one.I have always done my own work and will continue to do so.

Ok .......... Update on my thread. First time back to the dealer was today so I figured I'd corner the service manager,who also happens to be the owner,about my previous invoice.I had my questions all in my head to put forth my argument for being overcharged on the labour so I started off by clarifying that the repairs covered under warranty also included the labour.Yes that was included,even though it was an extended warranty on my sled,which I didn't know.I thought theses sleds come with 3 year coverage,but that's another story.So with that sorted out I said the only thing not covered was the clutch work and yes that was correct.That's when I mentioned that I got charged 3 hours labour to install clutch rollers.Of course his reaction was " really,that's what you got billed?" It was right about then that he told me that the new seat heating pad did not end up being covered by the warranty,at which point I said to myself " here it comes,now he's going to expect me to pay for that too". But no he said they'd put that through on another sled with remaining factory coverage.So back to my 3 hour labour bill,I said that it seems awfully out of line to charge 3 hours for a job that 1 would more than take care of.Off to the computer and he looks up the flat rate chart for jobs and comes back with a revised labour charge.He says the flat rate for a "clutch service" is 1.2 hours,so I was pretty close in my estimate I guess.He re invoices me for the work which he knocks the biggest part of 2 hours off,making it more in line with what it should have been in the first place.I left after getting my refund still not really in all that great a mood thinking " how many other people are getting screwed over like this and not saying anything"? Anyway I guess that experience just reinforced my choice to buy the service manual last year was a pretty good one.I have always done my own work and will continue to do so.
Pm one of the mods here and they will send you the service manual. You being a vip it is one of the perk..

Tom sent me the manual last year but I have since bough the paper one to have with me when working on the sled.

Back