• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Where to start? Building a turbo drag sled?

tjc said:
Being new I would like to build the sled myself (or at least have some part in the build), maybe Im thinking about this wrong but that way if anything fails I have an idea as to what to fix or look for. I know it will take longer but that is my idea right now.

I have been in contact with Ted he is a nice guy. Thanks for the help. Any advice or offers are welcome.

+++1

Do it yourself - you'll know what you've got - & like Otis said - allow plenty of time :flag:

TJ,

Give me a call sometime. You know I've built one for the ice and do the same type of racing you do. You will not go wrong with Ted. I have consulted him regularly and have many of his parts under my hood.

Marco Philippon 860-3580.

Ted Jannetty said:
Given what your goals are, buying a Used sled that is already turbocharged may not be such a good deal, it would be geared more toward trail riding, and you will find yourself replacing a lot of the parts that make up the turbo kit, Like, header, turbo, intercooler, charge pipes, exhaust, jetting, clutching, gearing, track, drivers, studs, skis, shocks, suspension.

so all your left with is an RX1, a fuel pump, a fuel pressure regulator and maybe some guages.

Plus like suggested above your chances of buying a sled with a turbo and a hurt motor are pretty high.

Find a clean Stock unmolested RX1 04-05 model and I will help you build it from the ground up ONCE with 4 second potential.
Ive noticed a lot of the race sleds are the RX1.. is there a reason for that?.. vs an apex or attak?...
Ted I'm going to be putting my attak on asphalt this year.. I know were not even done winter yet..lol.. but looking ahead.. what would be some things I can do to get as much as I can out of it?..

machz69 said:
Ted Jannetty said:
Given what your goals are, buying a Used sled that is already turbocharged may not be such a good deal, it would be geared more toward trail riding, and you will find yourself replacing a lot of the parts that make up the turbo kit, Like, header, turbo, intercooler, charge pipes, exhaust, jetting, clutching, gearing, track, drivers, studs, skis, shocks, suspension.

so all your left with is an RX1, a fuel pump, a fuel pressure regulator and maybe some guages.

Plus like suggested above your chances of buying a sled with a turbo and a hurt motor are pretty high.

Find a clean Stock unmolested RX1 04-05 model and I will help you build it from the ground up ONCE with 4 second potential.
Ive noticed a lot of the race sleds are the RX1.. is there a reason for that?.. vs an apex or attak?...
Ted I'm going to be putting my attak on asphalt this year.. I know were not even done winter yet..lol.. but looking ahead.. what would be some things I can do to get as much as I can out of it?..

Truthfully the RX1 is easier to work on because of the flip up hood, and Carburators are very Simple, most people have a good understanding and can muttle through a problem.

I love EFI but is not justifiable to convert from Carbs on an RX1 they work too well.

Ends up being a 7000.00 datalogger. LOL!

No Worries I can make EFI run Just as Hard.

Give me a call and we will discuss your options 203-753-7223

NHBoy said:
TJ,

Give me a call sometime. You know I've built one for the ice and do the same type of racing you do. You will not go wrong with Ted. I have consulted him regularly and have many of his parts under my hood.

Marco Philippon 860-3580.

Marco I sent you a PM

Back