• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Which is better deal

A friend of mine has a Rage and its a great sled. I can't imagine that sled without the reverse. Got to have that option plus electric start too.

There are some real nice Attacks on here. I love the 136 skid.

I'd take the rage over the rx-1. Longer track, better rear suspension, REVERSE! and its newer.

not to get off topic, but I have a 2006 nytro ER (Reverse)I'm going to be putting up for sale for my brother pretty soon, 6 or 7 thousand miles(not sure) New 136" cobra track, 118 woodys, Just spent $700 updating the cam chain tensioner about 500 miles ago, 135mm bogie wheels, updated handlebars, handlebar bag, Jack 2up removable seat, and it has a nice tall windshield on it.

I'm only about an hour and 20 minutes from you, just across the wi border.

edgerider said:
But how does the Nytro handle on the trails? I do most of my riding on trails and I don't want a stiff suspenson.

It would be about the same as the rx-1. At 6 -7 thousand miles, I can't remember exactly...the rear shocks could use a rebuild I'm sure. So that would be the time to have the shocks revalved for your weight/riding style, then it would ride great. The front shocks are Fox Floats, and they were rebuilt last year.

Does that 06 rage have the same motor as the 06 nytro? I think so...which would mean it could eventually have a problem with the cam chain tensioner. Not trying to scare you out of buying it, I don't think they really become a problem until high miles anyways.

you could probably find some opinions on a rage vs a nytro over in the rs section

Go with the Rage.. The RX-1 will be a little faster but the updates that the newer rage has are huge.. Esp. the suspension. The 03 and 04 RX had the older proaction suspension and IMO the monoshock is night and day better than the older proaction.

As for reverse... Its really nice to have but not a decision maker for me. I like to back my sled in the garage and its handy for turning around in parking lots but it is useless in the snow. Alot of guys think if they have reverse they will just be able to back out of holes and get unstuck easier... Wrong.. Reverse only works in plowed parking lots or on hard pack. If you are stuck, reverse will get you stuck worse. If you attempt to back up with even a couple inches of snow on the ground your snow flap will get sucked under and you will run over it, tearing it off or at least stopping you from backing up... Its handy..... but not a decision maker IMO...

Good luck on your decision, either way you will be getting a better sled for your money than any of the 3 other manufacturers and I've owned them all so im speaking from experience...

Back