• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Which Snow Trackers?

4strokeluvr111

Please stay between the markers!
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Bought a new 05 Vector which I still have
24K miles
OK so I'm going to give a set of Snow Trackers (ST) a try in to get my 14 Vector LTX to turn a little "crisper" in the twisties.

I'm just a trail cruiser...don't ride FAST but I'm not a gramps either. Have been using Woodys Doolies for years on several sleds. People say they push bad but I've never noticed it on any of my other sleds. I like them because they eliminate darting...which I HATE!

Maybe it's because the sled is a 136" track I need something more aggressive? I don't know that's why I'm going to try the Trackers.

So my question is: do I get the AGGRESSIVE or SEMI-AGGRESSIVE ones?

I've heard horror stories about ST....sleds flipping...getting stuck on RR tracks...all kinds of stuff. One hears bad stuff about everything nowadays, but I admit to being kind of paranoid about them.

I know this has been talked about before but I'd appreciate some up to date perspectives.

Thanks all!

Hey got them on my viper and absolutely love them (had slim jims before and they push in corners) these things rail nice I got aggressive ones
just follow instructions and you won't have issues! center skid preaload shock must be tightened (relieve ski pressure)
they don't need allot of ski pressure to work
I had them on my venture also worked awsome

Hey got them on my viper and absolutely love them (had slim jims before and they push in corners) these things rail nice I got aggressive ones
just follow instructions and you won't have issues! center skid preaload shock must be tightened (relieve ski pressure)
they don't need allot of ski pressure to work

I've got the Monoshock rear skid so the only real way to relieve ski pressure is via the front shock springs. I wish there was a more effective way but with the Mono you're screwed.

I've got the Monoshock rear skid so the only real way to relieve ski pressure is via the front shock springs. I wish there was a more effective way but with the Mono you're screwed.
ok soory I'm not familiar with your skid hopefully someone with same sled could chime in for set up

Agree with yamamarc 100%

I ran Aggressive ST's on an 08Apex LTX for a couple of seasons and they work as advertised. I really didn't change my skid set up as far as ski pressure, ran the front end shocks with loose pre-load to level the front A arms. Ski pressure on a mono can be reduced by letting out the limiter strap and increasing transfer a bit, at least that worked for me. The key with ST is to make sure there is zero toe in/out. I never hooked a rail crossing or otherwise on these, riding strictly groomed trails.
They make the sled feel like you have power steering.

I put the Semi Aggressive on my Vector haven't had a chance to even get them out of the Garage. LOL ! My brother put them on his 1200 and was out Saturday running around and said they were perfect even in deep snow in the ditches. Is this going on Angry Bird or the the 14 ? Your going to keep them both aren't you ??

Aggressive work the best. I had semis on my 06 and I replaced them with aggressive trackers made a huge difference. A little harder steering but (0) push and worked great. I have never had an issues with tracks or flipping other than they bite hard when backing up especially on asphalt so if you have studs or on ice it can be difficult to back up sometimes.

I have Aggressive's on my Apex LTX with mountain skis. I love them! The sled is on rails. No push (compared to the dual runners I had). With good grip comes a slight modification in riding style if you are counting on push in the middle of the corner - Too much steering input will get your attention real fast.

My 2 1/2 cents..... :letsnow: :-o

Steve

Agree with yamamarc 100%

I ran Aggressive ST's on an 08Apex LTX for a couple of seasons and they work as advertised. I really didn't change my skid set up as far as ski pressure, ran the front end shocks with loose pre-load to level the front A arms. Ski pressure on a mono can be reduced by letting out the limiter strap and increasing transfer a bit, at least that worked for me. The key with ST is to make sure there is zero toe in/out. I never hooked a rail crossing or otherwise on these, riding strictly groomed trails.
They make the sled feel like you have power steering.

The fix for ski pressure you mention is the Achilles Heel of the Mono IMO. I've got the transfer rods set to nearly zero transfer and the limiter straps are in their stock position. With the Mono the only true way to lighten the front ski pressure is to run the ski springs as loose as possible. I wish I could afford to put an M20 in this sled then I could get it dialed in the was I like it.

Back