• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Which turbo? UP if Michigan and a trip to Dubois WY

Blueblood93

The more turbo posts I read the more confused I get. I will ride this sled in Upper Michigan mainly but will be taking my Nytro to Dubois, Wy annually. I have a 09 MTX and want more power for the Midwest and figure I need it for out west. What is the best package for me with the following criteria.

1. multi elevation riding
2. turn Key performance and dependability
3. ease of install or good referral for hiring out in my area
4. Cost/value

thanks. I need to pull the trigger soon so I can get it done and ready to ride.

I just picked up a 2010 Nytro MTX with a MCX 180 turbo kit installed. The guy i bought it from rode in the U.P and took it out west. It has a clutch kit in it (not sure of the brand) where all you have to adjust is which hole the primary spring is in and its ready to ride. He said it was a fairly easy install and and runs good (sold it to buy a Polaris...) He gave me the receipt and the total cost when he was done was about $5,200. Granted i have not much experience with turbos but the guy i bought it from was really good at explaining it.

I have an 09 mtx with a Ulmer HE Turbo. After a lot of changes and dialing in it is becoming a good system for MN and out west. That being said I ride with a few buddies that have mcx kits and they are great kits. They automaticly adjust the boost for elevation. Easy install and pretty much turn key for the mcx

Thanks guys, I have heard good thing about mcx and push for my type of riding.
Athiel I assume you bought yours from Jeff in Rockford, I could not make the trip in time but I think you got a good sled. i eneded up buying a stock one from my local dealer and will mod it myself. Have fun riding and let's smoke some two strokes with our boost this winter.

Yeah i did, and yeah so far i ran it over the grass couple times just to test it and already hooked haha, just cant wait to get some snow to really test it out.. already adding a few things to it :4STroke:

Back