• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

White knuckle performance exhaust

It is way too loud for trail!

I got my exhaust yesterday,I must of ordered the right one.It was the Q-1,took me 45 minutes to install,the exhaust sounds great.Not TOO loud and not quiet like the stock.

Thanks
Rich

Who the hell is going to hear you a 100km into the woods, plus,most of the sound is traveling behind you.

I installed the GP-1 exhaust last week, reved it up to 5000rpm, didn't sound all that loud. Mind you i own a Motorcycle shop, with a bike dyno, my definition of loud is probably alot different than most of yours.

Its certainly no louder than a full exhaust system for a road-going R-1.

I can hear some 2-stroke triples, over a KM down the lake!

Plus I love the 12.5lb savings.....

Exhaust

Thank-you Lydon, you finally made up my mind for me. :D
Your right, can't be any louder than some triples all piped up.
Sled-ed

IMO, it is louder than a triple, when you crack that throttle it pierces the ears pretty good, never had that happen on a tripple tripple.

Yeah but, does the QC-1 make any difference in performance or is it just the weight savings and the sound that make it worthwhile? Mine is on an hopefully I will be firing it up today. Thanks. Powder Blue

They claim 2HP gain and your good buddy Tom claims 4HP with the same system.

What I noticed was my RPM's seemed to go up a bit.

You are basically getting the exhaust for the weight savings and the sound anyway! I don't think there is anyone out there that can honestly feel a 4hp gain in the seat of the pants. However, you feel like its faster because it just sounds so damn good and your always in the throttle to hear it again!

Installing my GP-1 this week,hope it's loud as they claim it is.And it claims 4hp more and 14lbs weight savings.
Those of you with the GP-1 did u use stock heat shield for under seat?

I did retain the factory heat shield, along with the inner skin/shield supplied,by White Knuckle.

Back