• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who bought a 2012?????

rydblue

Extreme
Anyone? Just bought the wife a 2012 GT. I swore I'd never own another one after her 2007 FX nightmare... put her on a 2009 Vector LTX and then a 2010 Nytro XTX and she begged for another Phazer for this year... Against my better judgement, she got her wish! The dealer assured me Yamaha has the bugs worked out. I sure hope so. She is excited, so that is what matters most!

we were skepticle about buying our 2010 phazer, just hearing all the horror storries about the 2007's, but now that we have it, and have 4500 km's on it in one year, i'd say they fixed their problems. my dealer also said that yamaha came out with a new bushing kit for the steering slop, but wether the new sleds come with the updated steering bushings is a mystery to me.

I have not had any of the problems the 07's had on my 09. The 2012 can't have more problems then the 09 and I have had none. Other then a frozen starter/fuel pump relay.

yup, have had that problem too, even our vectors have that problem. i moved the relay on the phazer so its easier to access. pop it out and put it in your pocket for a couple minutes.

smalltownpower said:
yup, have had that problem too, even our vectors have that problem. i moved the relay on the phazer so its easier to access. pop it out and put it in your pocket for a couple minutes.

I somehow worked my hand back there and just let it there for a minute or two. There are updated relays now, they would be on the 2012 already.

yes the updated relay and holder helped alot. only had it freeze once after powder riding all day. problem is moisture from snow hitting the rad and oil tank gets trapped back there. i think it was 12 dollars for the relay and bracket/holder

Our main problem with the 2007 FX was the now-famous rear shock linkage breaking. Fell apart 3 times on us, stranding us and ruining the trip each time. Finally had enough, took a loss and moved on. On top of that we had all the other 2007 issues and updates such as lack of reverse engagement, the idler wheels falling apart after the first ride, wife's pant legs freezing to the tunnel every ride, hard cold starts, oil leaking out of the airbox all over the floor of a buddy's trailer (surrounded by a group of Polaris faithfuls of course), ate hyfax like candy, etc etc. I still have nightmares about that sled... I could no longer resist my wife's requests for a new one. She just loved the way the sled rode and fit her. Keeping my fingers crossed this 2012 will perform as it should. Hoping the GT might be a better fit for the type of riding we do as well (mostly trail).

alot of those problems have been fixed thru-out the years, ice build up on the running boards fixed with block off plate, fixed reverse problem by changing belt and taking a shim out of the secondary. i'm not too sure what they did with the cold start problem because ours starts in -30 celcius weather, as long as the relay isnt froze. as for hyfax and idler wheels, all my wheels are stilll tight, and i'm getting bout 2200 km's to a set(with 2 inch 144). and i'm not sure bout the skid problems because i think mtx and fx skids are build alot different, but still no cracks or broken welds on anything in my skid, even affter launching off rock solid drifts onto hard pack snow, or jumping roads

We should make a list but I believe the Phazer has had more updates than any other Yamaha sled.Not saying its perfect but the newer Phazers are a big improvement and Yamaha took care of most of us older sled owners with free updates also.I would feel very confident buying a new Phazer.

I took apart my new to me '07 Phazer's skid and found 2 missing bolts, one the P.O. put a carriage bolt in it double nutted with no bushing, and both of the weird small cantilevers bolts were loose and the bottom mount for the front shock was bent.

I did notice on the new '12's skids the small cantilevers where replaced with a solid chunk of aluminum. And the seat is mounted differently.

Fan added
rear tunnel closed
Tank shields to keep ice off tunnel
Gas shocks on all sleds
Pivot Billet aluminum
Pivot shaft made of tool steel or something much stronger
Front "w" arm reinforced
Plastic wheels updated to rubber
Big Idlers made of stronger material
Airbox clips improved
Cold start addressed with ECU and mod to decomp
Reverse updated for improved shifting to reverse
Seat subframe reinforced
New wiring harness
Upper a-arms reinforced
New solenoid and relays to avoid freezing

These are all on 2012's and not on 2007's unless updated.Now if we could just get them to give us 20hp ;)!

I bought a new one today, I go get it on saturday. Hope it snows so I can try it out.

Back