• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who is working on Summer Mods and PM?

Gone Blue

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
08' Nytro RTX 40th Anniversary - Stretched
Who is working on summer mods and PM on their Nytro? Has anyone powder coated their skid rails? If yes, pros and cons?

I am rebuilding my skid and doing a track swap on my stretched 08'.
-Skid shocks to be refreshed
-New powder coat on arms, brackets, etc
-New skid arm bushings
-Polish or powder coat rails?
-Replace bearing in wheels as needed
-Replace/re-furbish all skid fasteners as needed
-Replace all (6) drive line and chain case bearings, O-rings, and oil seals etc.
-Swapping out 1 1/4" x 144" Rip Saw track with a 1 3/8" x 144" Cobra

I have heard mixed reviews on the single ply Cobras? However, I got this one two years ago as a 1,000 mile Polaris take off for $225, which was a great deal. I dont run studs, which I think if you do on these Cobras, is where some of the problems come up? So we will see...................................
Track Swap sm.jpg

I have 2 T-Cats to install EPS on also. It will be late fall when I get started.
I also have to install a stock tune into one in order to get the primary clutch covered under warranty, then re-install the 240 tune.
Then make a plan for my TAPP set up in my own 240 SMT winder.

still searching for a hood for an older sled that the kids ride more. gotta go through the 16 xtx skid as i patched a few issues last year with it and need to install the new skis on it. otherwise just gotta grease them all again with a good look over for good measure.

Installing Rivnuts for the lower panels on my Summer purchase of a left over 2024 SRX. My 4th sled that I've done.

Attachments

• Rivenuts.jpg
    Rivenuts.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 30

Back