• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who to rebuild elec ohlins gt shock?

X-APE

Extreme
I'd like to have some more rebound control added to compensate for heavier spring, and get all the seals re-done same time. This is for the GT ohlins electric shock. Recomendations?

there is an article in the current issue of snowtech about a viper with ohlins that had a guy in NY do a lot of setup and testing for him. The article mentions the owner of the viper is a member of this site. wish i could remember the names. Will post them later if i can find them.

Welterracer is right, I'm Boomer on the 2-stroke site and VX7R on this one. ;)! Give Ross Benson at Hygear Suspension a call (607-533-7434). He's located in Ithaca, NY and seems to know quite a bit about Ohlins.

Like Welterracer also metioned, Bruce Schraeder at Pioneer Performance (716-496-8800) also knows a thing or two about Ohlins shocks and is also located in NY.

Hopefully one of these guys can help you out.

I spoke with Bruce today and he is trying out a new valving combination. I'll sending mine Monday.

X-APE said:
I'd like to have some more rebound control added to compensate for heavier spring, and get all the seals re-done same time. This is for the GT ohlins electric shock. Recomendations?

I agree, I noticed it the second I put my heavy spring, it seemed to overpower the rebound damping. I'd also like to see more high speed compression for the sucker bumps. Let me know how you make out. I suspect mine has been leaking from the get go.

Found a guy in NH recommended by ohlins. He has a shock dyno and will test it before and after, and compare it to new spec. He said he can also measure spring rate and set up a custom rate to prevent bottoming. He can add more rebound control to match stock spring rebound rate, but while using the heavier spring, or he can add even more. 'bout $100 plus parts.
AMF motorsports 603-256-6800. They are in chesterfield SW NH by VT..

I was riding my apex gt today and noticed on smaller bumps about 8-10 inchs that are close together that I am experiencingwhat I think is no rebound control. It sounds like the shock or something in tunnel is slapping for lack of better word. dont laugh, k-chunk, k-chunk over and over until you drive out of it. Is my shock blown?

X-APE said:
Found a guy in NH recommended by ohlins. He has a shock dyno and will test it before and after, and compare it to new spec. He said he can also measure spring rate and set up a custom rate to prevent bottoming. He can add more rebound control to match stock spring rebound rate, but while using the heavier spring, or he can add even more. 'bout $100 plus parts.
Excellent info. Thanks. :Rockon:

riverrat said:
I was riding my apex gt today and noticed on smaller bumps about 8-10 inchs that are close together that I am experiencingwhat I think is no rebound control. It sounds like the shock or something in tunnel is slapping for lack of better word. dont laugh, k-chunk, k-chunk over and over until you drive out of it. Is my shock blown?

You'll know its blown or on the way when the sled rear gets bouncy or tosses your butt up off the seat over bumps.

X-APE said:

I live about an hour from there and I've never heard of him. It doesn't mean anything just that he does not advertise anywhere that I know of. I've been following motorsports for years and thought I'd heard of all the aftermaket shops. Good find. He sounds like he's good a good set up. Tell him to spend some money to get the word out.

Back