• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who's Considering an XTX

Even with small tank it will get over a hundred miles on a tank full while trail riding, I would like to update my front suspension and see about adapting the new rear skid on my 121. Maybe someone will come out with a aftermarket upgrade.

besides mx express makes a larger fuel tank that holds 40 L and besides you can get them from Prince george yamaha here soon! not sure on what the price will be yet though i have eight on order

snownutz said:
Even with small tank it will get over a hundred miles on a tank full while trail riding, I would like to update my front suspension and see about adapting the new rear skid on my 121. Maybe someone will come out with a aftermarket upgrade.

I had high expectations but was disappointed to not see a larger fuel cell. it's designed as a boondocker sled, with no place for a jerry can due to tailight placement and a small tank it will run out of fuel quite often doing what it was designed for. The johndee.com review was great when the sled ran out of gas because thats going to be a common problem. It's a shame Yamaha can't figure out a way to make use of the tunnels on their 136-144 sleds, exhaust turnouts, led taillight mounted at the end of the tunnel and a rack would make them much more user friendly.

yes but you can get new and bigger tanks for the nytros that bolt into stock mounts... prince george yamaha will have them soon and i thinmk that a few other guys will be making there before the end of the month
lookin at 350-450 $ :-o

clicker_clit said:
Not me. I think anything larger than a 121" is a waist more than 95% of the time you are riding it.

I completely disagree with this. Have you ever ridden a sled with a 136 or 144 x 1.25" ripsaw. It's amazing, both on a off the trail. The traction both on and off the trail is awsome. I have the 144" hartman extension on my Nytro and I will say, I don't think I lost any handling on the trail at all. It really doesn't push at all. And that with no skid tip up at the end. My last 2 sleds were a '04 poo XC with a 136" ext. and now I have the 144" Nytro. So I have ridden a longer track for 3 years now. I will never own a sled shorter that 136" again.

I am most likely buying an XTX. Going to put that 10gal tank and Simmons Skis on it. If Yamaha doesn't do any huge changes in 2010 then I am keeping it and putting a turbo and a 1.5" track on it.

Buying a Nytro this year. The XTX will be considered. I have rode the 121 for years and a 136 mountain max. Like them both for different reasons. Have to wait and see since the XTX isn't the only new release for 09!

if i was in the market for a new sled this year rather than last year i would probably go with the xtx. unless more of the 09 lineup has big changes

I rode the XTX yesturday for about 30 minutes. I was impressed with the sled. It really bridged alot of the bumps which made for an impressive ride. This sled is alot more plush compared to a rtx and also the gytr shock on the front work ten times better than them floats. While riding a trail you never even notice the long track and it really handles just like a 121. The new front end really lets the sled turn alot better than a regular nytro in stk form. Visually looking at the front end it is really hard to even see what is different besides the beefed up spindal and a-arms. Also I didnt know if it was me or not but the motor felt alittle different than my rtx. It felt more rev happy, faster rev up. I also like the running boards on this sled better just because you can plant your feet better. I asked about the soaked foot situation and all they had to say is they are working on it. JOJO MANNISE

jojo567 Couple of questions. What do you find better about the GYTR shocks over the Fox Floats?
Did you find the XTX corners as good, same or worse?
Were you able to test on big bumps? I guess what I'm asking is can the XTX handle the big stuff like your RTX?
Thanks

I'm leaning towards this sled but it will need some mods for my liking.

Bigger tank
Taller bars
Taller seat
Bigger windshield
Skidplate
Front brush gaurd
1.75" track is a must
Shave some weight...battery,ect...

Anyone run some aftermarket ProTaper bars on their Nytro? How about the Mtn. Perf. lightweight battery?

Since this sled is so pricey and all my mods add up..I got to start collecting parts ahead of time.

rev baron are your 2 stroke days over?..a bigger tank will be out for next season..weight is nice to shed but the nytro isn't bad at all..my nytro mtx was cheaper than a summit xp..plus i have 3yr warranty

I've always loved 4 strokes...just been waiting for the right sled to come along. I think this is the one I've been waiting for.

Pretty sure this sled weighs about the same as my current 136" Rev (has elec. start). They're all darn heavy when they're stuck anyway.

How high can you go with the riser without throttle cable extension?

I'm hoping BOSS will make a taller seat that will fit a larger tank under it. Sometimes my backwoods riding can get into some areas miles from gas. I'm sure with the sideways exhaust tip I could sneak in a small can behind the seat as well.

Rev*Baron said:
I've always loved 4 strokes...just been waiting for the right sled to come along. I think this is the one I've been waiting for.

Pretty sure this sled weighs about the same as my current 136" Rev (has elec. start). They're all darn heavy when they're stuck anyway.

How high can you go with the riser without throttle cable extension?

I'm hoping BOSS will make a taller seat that will fit a larger tank under it. Sometimes my backwoods riding can get into some areas miles from gas. I'm sure with the sideways exhaust tip I could sneak in a small can behind the seat as well.

Hey Baron,

Are you thee Rev Baron who built that beauty red sled from the 440 chassis? I can't see anyone else claiming that name.

Welcome aboard Rev Baron. I can't wait to see what you'll have in store for your Nytro. Really loved your Rev Baron build. One of the nicest sleds I've ever seen.
:Rockon:

Back