• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

whos got the best insurance rates for sleds

nadekeys said:
I pay $220 through state farm for a 100,300,100 plan with $500 deductibles on a new 09 apex ltx gt. This is the only thing I have insured with state farm, my vehicles and pwc are with progressive.

I just called State Farm and was quoted $707/yr for the same coverage on a year older sled in Michigan. Is that policy for liability only?

snerkman said:
nadekeys said:
I pay $220 through state farm for a 100,300,100 plan with $500 deductibles on a new 09 apex ltx gt. This is the only thing I have insured with state farm, my vehicles and pwc are with progressive.

I just called State Farm and was quoted $707/yr for the same coverage on a year older sled in Michigan. Is that policy for liability only?

nope, it's for the full coverage I stated above. I'm 26 years old and my wife and I both have perfect driving records. Policies can vary substantially for different locations, that factors into the equation as well I'm sure. I went to several different sources, Allstate (~$400), American Family (~$300) and progressive (~$600). It was weird, I have my vehicles and jet ski through progressive b/c they were cheapest by far on those, my renters is through allstate, and then State Farm came in cheap with the sled. I have no problem going to different companies to save a few hundred dollars. It is weird to see how much the cost varies. I don't even think the insurance company agents have much of any idea where those rates come from, they just pull values out of a table or give you what the pc spits out.

$200 per year but had to give them my house and car not a big deal though saved me money...and im 21 and have an accident back when i was 17 so considering all of that i got a very good rate!

Well, the search is finally over. Liberty Mutual in Green Bay at $233/yr full coverage, $500 deductible. I did have to give them one of my vehicles, but they were only $25 higher every 6 months on that. Definitely worth it for the great price on the sled. I would highly recommend them to anyone in the midwest. The agent I worked with is Ellen and her number is: 1-888-294-4717 ext 56973 If you call her, tell her you heard it on the Yamaha forum.

i use state farm for everything my truck, car, bike and now the sled the sled is $30 a year for liability and im only 23

I can't believe all the different quotes on insurance. I think I am paying to much and need to talk to my agent.

For those in Michigan, Storm insurance in Farmington quoted me full coverage, $500 deductable, for $180 per year. I now have my home and auto insurance through them. They have saved me over $1000 a year compared to Farmers in Northville (which is also owned by one of the Storm relatives).

Back