• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

whos got the best insurance rates for sleds

I just got my quote from USAA (military only service) for a 2008 Vector LTX. Full coverage with the same requirements as my cars (full coverage, $200 deductable)..... $147.00.

They get $3200 a year from me as it is for my cars, which is alot, but....

2005 Maxima full cov
2002 BMW 330CI full cov
1999 GMC 4x4 full cov
1998 Maxima liability for daughter who has 4 accidents
2000 Volvo V40, liability, 17 year old daughter
1998 Pontiac Grand Am liability winter beater

I think we call that a multi car discount.

viper7mi said:
AAA insurance for my Attac is 272 for the year. That is for 3 months full coverage and the rest storage. ;)!
i got a quote from AAA as well. its $298 full coverage 100/300/100 $250 coll $100. comp. which is a little more than some of the other quotes but, i do not have to give them a vehicle . none of the other vehicle rates are even close to the rates from MEEMIC! ( you cant get MEEMIC unless you live in Michigan and are employed by a school)

snoway said:
Liberty Mutual.
liberty mutual has the best rate BUT, they tell me i have to insure a vehicle with them and they want another $93 every 6 months for my old truck!!! so it actually would cost me more to go with them.

We switched all our stuff over including home owners, and saved quite a bit over rural.
There pay off on a totaled sled will be gauged off of actual recent sales value of your year and model, so if you have alot of extras, low miles , etc. it should be documented.

I had Foremost last spring for the one month of riding after I bought it. What a rip! $700+ for a year and then when I canceled a month later they tried to tell me I owed more than the first months payment. I bitched to the agent cuz they didn't tell me when they sold me the policy and I never got another bill. A few years ago, (02, 03, I think) I had my Mach Z insured with Horace Mann. Also had to have my truck there, but they were competitive on that and really cheap on the sled. They let me cover the sled only, without having to carry liability which is what I want again. I don't give a rat's #*$&@ about liability, only losing/damaging my sled. I will actually be calling them again in a week or two to see about the Apex. Will also be checking with Liberty Mutual as we can get a discount from them thru work. At least I think so but I work in WI and live in MI - maybe I can't get the work deal.

Just picked up my New Phazer MTX and through Formost, which Farmers is the parent company, I'm paying 210$ 100/300/100 full coverage 500$ deductable and it included up to 5000$ in accessories. Formost isn't the best on sleds but I have Farmers for Everything else, A Nytro would have cost me 370$ for the same coverage. My 2 four wheelers only cost me 147$ for full coverage on BOTH through Formost.

I pay $220 through state farm for a 100,300,100 plan with $500 deductibles on a new 09 apex ltx gt. This is the only thing I have insured with state farm, my vehicles and pwc are with progressive.

nadekeys said:
I pay $220 through state farm for a 100,300,100 plan with $500 deductibles on a new 09 apex ltx gt. This is the only thing I have insured with state farm, my vehicles and pwc are with progressive.

Thats funny I have all my cars,boat,house and sleds with state farm and I pay $249 a year with the same plan as you and my sled is a 07 attack. :o|

This is great information. Awesome. I am getting soooooo ripped off right now by Foremost Insurance.

In fact, i just got off the phone with my agent -- he's a nice guy, just an independent agent with many options -- and I'm having him search for better rates after reading this.....

My home and truck are through travelers, but my sleds through Foremost. He simply cannot answer why he wrote those policies that way, but it's bad for my pocketbook! Anybody have any info on travelers????? My coworker also has Travelers for everything, including her "toy", a Harley Sportster. Travelers insures that thing for like $100 a year for add on coverage....

I hope my agent can find something better or I'm looking elsewhere!

Mike

nadekeys said:
i just got a quote from them for $350. its $350 because i have 3 points but that drops next year so it will be like $250. same as this guy on coverage and i also do not have any other insurance with State Farm.

Well i just dumped my sled insurance with those scam artists at Foremost Insurance. A note to all concerned: It makes no sense to insure 4 stroke Yammis with them. All they care about is engine displacement, engine displacement, engine displacement. It's a broken record. That also goes for Nationwide/ Allied Ins., Progressive, and Am fam around here with the quotes i received. Liberty mutual does not sell sled insurance in MN. Travelers can't decide if and whenever to even get me a quote, but that's a whole other story. Talk about sh!t or get off the pot!

The best you ask????? Allstate!!!~ Who knew????

I just got full coverage with the Allstate for 2 sleds for $330 combined for both ('07 Attak and '03 Mnt Viper). Attak was only $215/yr. That over $400 dollars a year cheaper for full coverage!!!!!!! And that amount will even go down next year when an accident of my wife's falls off next summer (will be 3 years old) and go down to $260 for both sleds!

My ripe old age of 37 played a role (the older you are, the better you are off with insurance) and good driving record was key.

The other things believe it or not is Allstate judges sled insurance pricing purely by total loss pay off value. They have gone away from engine displacement. My new agent is apparently cleaning up on snowmobile policies as she claims she can beat most anyone.

Also, Allstate believes the MN riding season to be very minimal (It's not as long as many believe). So sled insurance is cheaper as exposure is limited. She explained the premiums in states out west and Alaska are higher with Allstate because of longer riding season.....

Of course, she also said if I bring over my house and cars then this insurance becomes basically free, as what they really want is your house and cars, so I made an appointment to review all of my polices with her. I doubt i'll switch, but who knows......

I guess the Point...... Shop around before you buy!!!!! It's amazing the spectrum of quotes you receive.

Mike

mntvipermn said:
Well i just dumped my sled insurance with those scam artists at Foremost Insurance. A note to all concerned: It makes no sense to insure 4 stroke Yammis with them. All they care about is engine displacement, engine displacement, engine displacement. It's a broken record. That also goes for Nationwide/ Allied Ins., Progressive, and Am fam around here with the quotes i received. Liberty mutual does not sell sled insurance in MN. Travelers can't decide if and whenever to even get me a quote, but that's a whole other story. Talk about sh!t or get off the pot!

The best you ask????? Allstate!!!~ Who knew????

I just got full coverage with the Allstate for 2 sleds for $330 combined for both ('07 Attak and '03 Mnt Viper). Attak was only $215/yr. That over $400 dollars a year cheaper for full coverage!!!!!!! And that amount will even go down next year when an accident of my wife's falls off next summer (will be 3 years old) and go down to $260 for both sleds!

My ripe old age of 37 played a role (the older you are, the better you are off with insurance) and good driving record was key.

The other things believe it or not is Allstate judges sled insurance pricing purely by total loss pay off value. They have gone away from engine displacement. My new agent is apparently cleaning up on snowmobile policies as she claims she can beat most anyone.

Also, Allstate believes the MN riding season to be very minimal (It's not as long as many believe). So sled insurance is cheaper as exposure is limited. She explained the premiums in states out west and Alaska are higher with Allstate because of longer riding season.....

Of course, she also said if I bring over my house and cars then this insurance becomes basically free, as what they really want is your house and cars, so I made an appointment to review all of my polices with her. I doubt i'll switch, but who knows......

I guess the Point...... Shop around before you buy!!!!! It's amazing the spectrum of quotes you receive.

Mike
i agree with your last sentence. i have quotes anywhere from $224. to over $1100. for the exact same coverage including deductibles. some are the sled alone and some you have to give them a car or house.

snerkman said:
I had Foremost last spring for the one month of riding after I bought it. What a rip! $700+ for a year and then when I canceled a month later they tried to tell me I owed more than the first months payment. I bitched to the agent cuz they didn't tell me when they sold me the policy and I never got another bill. A few years ago, (02, 03, I think) I had my Mach Z insured with Horace Mann. Also had to have my truck there, but they were competitive on that and really cheap on the sled. They let me cover the sled only, without having to carry liability which is what I want again. I don't give a rat's #*$&@ about liability, only losing/damaging my sled. I will actually be calling them again in a week or two to see about the Apex. Will also be checking with Liberty Mutual as we can get a discount from them thru work. At least I think so but I work in WI and live in MI - maybe I can't get the work deal.

Well I just spoke with the Horace Mann agent I used before. They no longer cover sleds or cycles thru Horace Mann. They now use Progressive and the quote was over $1k a year! She told me they used to pretty much give away sled and cycle ins in the past. They did quote me a better rate than Farmers on my vehicles because they offer the same employee discount as Liberty Mutual (who I'm waiting for a quote from because the agent was out of the office today.)

Back