• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Why is it top secret how much oil these sled take?

chuckpp

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Yamaha srviper ltx dx
2016 ltx dx the paper work that came with the sled says 4.4 quarts lots of people say 3.5

tks

Because it does vary depending on how long you let it drain,procedure you use for checking and if you are changing the filter. Short answer is fill it till full mark using the procedure in manual. Amount does not matter as long as its to full mark or halfway up sight glass a minute after shutting sled off.

my kit from yammy came with 4l so 4l went in, its dry sump, so as far as i am concerned oil level isnt a big deal, any where from 3.5l to 4l it will be fine

connor

My first oil and filter change, I let it drain overnight, and put in all 4 quart's, as the manual says 4.1, but it was puqing oil out the crankcase breather while riding, had to drain about half quart, next oil change put in 3.5 quart's and no issues.

Every time I change my oil I drain engine and replace filter and only takes just over 3 liters to the full mark as cannondale27 says

The sleds that come with the dipstick oil tank take 4.4 quarts. The 14s with the sight glass take less oil. If the lines are drained well which is just about impossible unless you have them off the oil tank it will take 4.4 quarts. Don't forget to pull the engine drain screw next to the oil filter. It holds close to 1/2 a quart itself.

Here's a old thread that will help also:

http://ty4stroke.com/threads/checking-oil.138271/

Every time I change my oil I drain engine and replace filter and only takes just over 3 liters to the full mark as cannondale27 says

Wow drain oil and filter put 3 qts in and run it untill it reach 150 degrees and still was very low so I ended putting in another quart so...Is everyone having problems with purging? What do you do if it puges on the trail?

Wow drain oil and filter put 3 qts in and run it untill it reach 150 degrees and still was very low so I ended putting in another quart so...Is everyone having problems with purging? What do you do if it puges on the trail?
That's exactly how I do it. Normal. Guys don't overthink this. Like said it's dry sump so you will not hurt engine starting it in shop with 3 qts. Run it then let sit a minute or 2 then fill to mark or halfway up.

I do exactly just as you said ,I actually run it till the fan comes on. I changed the oil in this sled 5 times and it's just been over 3 liters 3.3 to be exact and recheck it every ride and is at the max

I do exactly just as you said ,I actually run it till the fan comes on. I changed the oil in this sled 5 times and it's just been over 3 liters 3.3 to be exact and recheck it every ride and is at the max
What year is your sled? I think the earlier sleds take less oil.

Back