• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Widening Kit Apex

race24x

TY 4 Stroke Master
Website
www.r-scomputer.com
Mountain performance did not make any widening kits this year I really want one. They make the kits for Pioneer performance as well. Does anyone know of another company that makes widening kits so I can get one this year? Anyone on the board make them or weld chrome moly? My buddy has one so I can get all of the specs from his. I weould rather pay a board contributor, but I really want one.

Did you allready do the 13mm bar,lower the front end, and shorten the mono strap?

I was thinking wide end as you are, I did it on 2 of my RX1's with 12mm bars and love it. But..I was told the geometry on the Apex eliminated the need for the wide front end if you do the above.

BTW... A problem I have had with the RX1 side kits is bent bolts out at the ski legs. NOt hitting anything, just railing through corners in the bumps can bend them. I have probably bent 6 high strength bolts. In one case I had to replace one of the arms.

Anyway...if you find the wide kits I may have interest too, if I cant make my Apex rail.

I have a friend that has one with the Pilot skis and the thing handles incredible plus feels like power steering. It is so much better I really want one. I was just hoping one of the board members knew someone or someone on here makes there own. I can weld etc but I understand chrome moly is harder to work with. They cant be the only ones that make these?

I was given a nice setup for my Attak. Loosen front springs leaving just enough preasure to keep springs seated and with GYTR shocks set top all the way firm then back 3 clicks. and bottoms all the way soft then back 3. let the strap out 1 and set rear for proper set in. I have Powder Pro skis. Awsome handling. I ride fast and agressive. With this set up you have to turn past the balance point when you feel the ski starting to lift, crank the bars all the way and it will rail through the corner. Front will set right down and sled will feel totally balanced.

Try a search on Kijiji classifieds in the Toronto, Ottawa areas or even all of Ontario. I came upon an advertiser lately that was making Widening kits for the Deltabox chassis. I would post the link for you but a believe it is against site rules. I will pm you if I find it. Cheers, Scott

widening kit

try motorsports pickering (905) 420-4172 in east side of toronto canada thats where i got mine . they even fab their own bushing. everything fit great!

I have never been dissapointed by these guys!

I couldn't find that link for the life of me. Pickering? Does sound familiar? Try them motorsports guy that nothernguy10 recommended, I'll bet that's the place. Cheers, Scott

Motorsports Pickering has them but double the cost of Mountain performance. I am waiting until after Christmas and after the Ulmer clutch kit I want. Total kit is 950 I think Mountain performance was around 529

Ouch! I'm hoping the 13mm bar I just installed does the trick. I did the wide kit on 2 of my RX1's and loved them. The only problem is placing them side by side in my 4 place trailer. It's Ok if you have a std width sled next to a wide, but 2 wides wont fit. If I do the Apex, I will have 3 wide sleds and a dilemma.

Back