• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wild Child relocation kits

I was planning on doing wildchild steering, but now I'm afraid it won't fit with my diamond s hood. I can't just dremmel the hood. Any ideas on what I could do??

Here is my setup with the wildchild kit

Attachments

• DSC00057.JPG
    DSC00057.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC00093.JPG
    DSC00093.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC00096.JPG
    DSC00096.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC00058.JPG
    DSC00058.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 127
TT - nice setup

I don't have any seat time with my Wildchild steering relocation kit, but will report when the snow flies.

AKRider - looking at the pic of your red #88, the surroundings look a lot like what nature looks like around here, if I did not know better I would have said that it was one of the mountain ranges nearby town there I live. Looks like a nice ridge to climb :)

You can leave the windscreen in place, it needs to be trimmed to accept handlebars to rotate full left and full right. Depending on the bar riser system you use the speedo dash pieces may have to be moved as well. With my PowerMadd 4" riser block I had to move the speedo to another location as the lower bolts on the PowerMadd touched the speedo glass and would have broken it rotating the handlebars fully to either side.

rxrider said:
You can leave the windscreen in place, it needs to be trimmed to accept handlebars to rotate full left and full right. Depending on the bar riser system you use the speedo dash pieces may have to be moved as well. With my PowerMadd 4" riser block I had to move the speedo to another location as the lower bolts on the PowerMadd touched the speedo glass and would have broken it rotating the handlebars fully to either side.

Yep, I experienced the same thing. My tall windshield would not work without being trimmed down so instead I just installed a short wind shield. That's a bad point for the conversion as the Apex uses a different style hood and relocates the headlight pod further forward to avoid the handlebar interference. I also had to relocate my gauge since the bottom of my "T" style post riser hit the glass and left a rub mark.

Sounds like your area in Norway is a lot like south central Alaska! That photo of my Vector is only 15 minutes and around 2700' in elevation from my home.

Seat, tank, tank covling and stock handlebars, steering post and relocation of speedo.

Back