• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

will 2 apexs fit 96" wide 12' trailer

With the apex and sidewinder both having curve skis, I removed the shell shocks and mounted them on the outside on a standard triton. Lots of room now loading without hitting a shock or overlap. SW 137 just fits lengthwise in the 10 foot basic triton.

With the apex and sidewinder both having curve skis, I removed the shell shocks and mounted them on the outside on a standard triton. Lots of room now loading without hitting a shock or overlap. SW 137 just fits lengthwise in the 10 foot basic triton.

That's a really good tip, as skis catch on that shock. Do you have photos of that setup?

2018-10-29 14.21.55.jpg
2018-10-29 14.22.46.jpg
2018-10-29 14.25.43.jpg
2018-10-29 14.29.02.jpg

I just need to paint them. I didn't remove the shock mount tab inside, as it wasn't necessary. The curves neck down in the center so it doesn't interfere. If the skis were full width, then maybe cut it off. The inside shock would get hit loading, sometimes hang up under the ski...pissed me off as I didn't want a new trailer yet..lol.

That idea right there is money! I do hate to think what it will do to the longevity of that shock though. We would be exposing it to some crappy elements in that location.

Nice work!
Thanks. I did nothing to it since last fall, so it seems ok...I figure road spray, etc, so I lubed the shock rod, which is to the back..I think it'll fail like they all do in time before corrosion destroys it,.as they are gas and sealed. I just wipe it down quick after using it. Maybe a shot of wd, sea foam, blaster, kroil. etc..I should paint it...lol
(just a thought...no worse than what our car and truck shocks are exposed to!)

Last edited:
After a lot of debating I wound up with a 7x16 cargo express drive in back out. Now on to setting it up with track mat and ski guides. thanks for all help.

Back