• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Will I be happy going from '01 Polaris 600xcsp to Vector ER

I want to try one of these vector er 4-strokes. Anyone else convert from a pol 600 to a vector ?
If so - what can I expect ???
btw- my pol 600 has reverse - so I am sure that adds a few pounds to make the sleds closer in weight already.

you will enjoy it..... wife made the switch from a yami 2 stroke sxr 600 to her vector and she loves it... the vector is a great sled, i rode it last year as i sold my viper and wife was preggy, it is a little heavier, but balanced well so it feels great.... and not to mention no more $20/gallon (or more) oil and 20 mpg on reg unleaded....

do it..... :4STroke: :nos

A buddy of mine went from a Polaris XC700 (2003) to a 2005 Vector. He LOVES his Vector. Epsecially the gas mileage. The POL had an M-10 and he thinks the ride on the Vector is as good as his Polaris was.

Not to mention all the benefits of having a 4 stroke. Relaible, no oil, faster top end than his XC700 and the torque! Not as "sporty" as the POL 600 but it depends how you ride. The Vector is an awesome trail sled.

What about reliability - can you 'burn-down' a cylinder on a 4Stroke like on a 2Stroke ?
What about compexity of the 4S - is there alternators and such that can go bad and ruin the day ?

sportster64 said:
What about reliability - can you 'burn-down' a cylinder on a 4Stroke like on a 2Stroke ?
What about compexity of the 4S - is there alternators and such that can go bad and ruin the day ?

In Skid-Doo's dreams maybe.

Don't worry about such non-sense, it's a waste of time. I do recomend that you ride one first though. People have different expectations, only you know yours.

i wouldnt worry bout reliability...i have a little over 7000miles on my rage-same as a vector- and i've only been pulled off the trail once...due to a seal on the jackshaft that went out and i shut my sled off, since i didnt want to due any further damage

I went from a xc 700 sp to a vector and you will never look back....only to see the ones slowly fadeing in the distance when you have it to the bar :Rockon:

acceleration is quite good...very nice to handle through the trails since there is a wide powerband and the power will awlays be there...ditchbanging is alright-kinda of heavy but its mainly how the rider is built. i dont have any problems hanging with my buddies when we are flyin through the ditches

The acceleration is pretty good. The Vector is just as fast as an RX-1 up to about 80 mph, then the RX-1's added flow of 4-cylinders and 20 valves allows it to pull away.

sportster64 said:
4stroke
how about acceleration ?
Ditch Banging ?

S64 - just like all the internet sites, people are gonna tell you it's a great sled. Being a former Poo owner (14 to be exact)..my opinions are much less biased...as many people here will attaest to.

FWIW:

I'm a trail cruiser - high miles guy, not a ditchbanger. For ME, put the Vector motor in the Poo FST Chassis with an M-10, and Yami would sell a million of them.

If you're a ditchbanger, you will want a Nytro, not a Vector. Reason is the rear skid on the Nytro ProActive skid is better suited for 'bangin. The Vector mono skid is best suited for trail cruising. THis would apply to 2006 and later chassis.

My 2005 Vector had the ProActive which was not for me. Shocks and shock,spring changes helped tremendouly, but it was never going to get how I wanted it. I bought an M-10 and are in the process of installing it....this combo of engine and M-10 should work REALLY REALLY GOOD! ;)!

Acceleration = better than the 600 for sure. THis motor is a torque monster. "Instant On" type of power. None of what I call the "spooling up" effect of a 2S. Top end should be very similar as the Vector starts to lose it's oomph at 85 or so, and that's where the 600 (not a 600 HO) will catch up.

I too had many 600 2 cyl Poo's and I honestly think that you will feel very little different in the front end. The sled does not feel as heavy as the Poo loyalists claim.

It's a colder sled to ride...the Poo's front end seems to deflect the air around and behind you better. Get the tallest windshield you can stand to look at.

A WAY COOL sled.....up to 20 mpg...and no oil. Get the right one (Nytro or Vector) and get it dialed in and should should be one happy camper.

I know I am!! ;)!

I rode an 04 600 Classic with M-10 for the season prior to getting my 05 Rage. I thought that it would be pretty tough to beat the Classic for comfort and power but the Rage has the Polaris 600 beat hands down. My wife now rides the Classic and when I have to take the sled for a ride to make sure it is running and handling OK I can't wait to get back on my Rage. Much smoother and more refined than a Polaris.

I realllllllllllllly like my 05.. It starts great. Idles very smooth. Fantastic gas mileage.. Never has used any oil. Quite nimble .. I guess you get the idea.. :4STroke: The only thing you "MUST" get use to.. The engine braking effect.. It almost tossed me over the bars at first.. Now I'm using that to aid in cornering.. Love it !! Good luck.. And enjoy the sound. :jump: MM.

Attachments

• DEC05002.JPG
    DEC05002.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 66
oh yah and i've ran bout 8# of nos through it and at 7000 miles i still dont burn any oil...and i love to hammer and beat on my sled. also this sled will make one hellof a boondocker if u let it. anybody who said that this sled sucks off trail is lying becuase i've never had any problems...its all rider. now dont plan on goin to the mtns and highmarking but it will get u to where u want to go and still have fun

Back