• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Will Phazer spindles fit Nytro?

mach9

TY 4 Stroke Master
Been searching the forum, but can't find...
Anyone know if the Phazer spindle will bolt onto the Nytro?
Some guys may have both in the stable.

I did a quick search in the parts finder and the part numbers are different..if that helps

8HK-23501-00-00 STEERING KNUCKLE ASSY (LEFT ) 2010 RTX Nytro

8GK-23501-01-00 STEERING KNUCKLE ASSY (LEFT) 2010 Phazer GT

Different part number, not sure.

8HK vs 8GK is a model designation.
Yamaha part numbers are often the same with that model code being the difference.

Wondering about the "01" though. Not sure what each number means in Yamaha Parts speak.

Does the "01" mean its been updated once?

zeke66 said:
Wondering about the "01" though. Not sure what each number means in Yamaha Parts speak.

Does the "01" mean its been updated once?

Yes, the 01, 02, 03 etc is usually an update.

I'm going to think the only way to know is if someone has tried a swap themselves.

Just wondering if anyone has tried it...
Did the nytro handle better? Was it harder to steer etc.

I don't know?
Looking at a side profile... It appears Yamaha pushed the lower portion of the spindle further forward on the Phazer. Thus increasing wheel base.

Mach, where are you in Ontario? I have my phazer spindles off and if you are in/close to Ottawa we can put my phazer spindles up against the nytro ones...

Why not just post up some dimensions and photos? I know for a fact that my VL/MP spindles are wider than the Phazer's, probably because of the size/weight difference. Number for the left 8GK-23501-10

I can see this as being useful if someone is looking for Nytro spindles but there are only Phazer spindles available or vice-versa.

Phazer spindles are totally different and narrower, which would indicate to me that they may be less rugged, possibly a result of the lighter front-end of the Phazer not requiring the strength. I'll try to measure the points if I get a chance, just looking at them both side, by side, I remember thinking I wouldn't want the Phazer spindles on my Nytro. Not from a geometry standpoint, but an apparent strength view.

Out of curiousity, I compared a stock '08 Nytro spindle to the ones on my Polaris and they are almost identical in overall length. The tie rod tab is much longer and higher up on my IQR, but the upper and lower mounting locations are very similar. Aside from the tie rod mounting tab the biggest difference was the amount of trail the Polaris spindle had compared to the Nytro spindle.

If the Phazer spindles have the ski mounting bolt forward of the Nytro, this likely will not be a good thing. The Nytro would benefit from a lot more trail i.e. having the ski bolt hole located further back on the spindle. Yamaha did this with the '09 geometry but also managed to f-up the tie rod mounting location at the same time. This is why the 09's still dart at speed like the 08's.

Back