• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WILL THE 2006 APEX GAS TANK FIT THE 2011 APEX ?

FX4

JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS PUT THE BIGGER GAS TANK FROM A 2006, 2007 APEX ON A 2011 APEX. I HAD A FRIEND RUN OUT OF GAS TWICE THIS SEASON WITH THE SMALL 33 LITRE TANK. CAN ONLY GET ABOUT 106 MILES WHEN RIDING HARD.

THANKS

No room because of eps
I ran out x 2 also ,
Can't go Sudbury to Shining Tree any more !
Can't go Cochrane to Lasarre , no gas in Laraine

110 + MILES PUMP TO PUMP

Remember, the 2006-2007 gas tanks have larger capacity than the 2008-2010 based on them putting a plastic liner inside the tank for emissions. I ran 2006 gas tanks on my 2008 Apexes fit perfectly and I gained a gallon+ of fuel doing this. Has anyone cross referenced the part numbers of the tank or tried an 2006-2007 tank on the 2011. With the seat off they look the same.

Hate to say it but was one of the reasons i switched brands. no good when you can`t ride the north in ontario. not everywhere has fuel stations every 80-100-110 miles depending on the snow amount on trail. it was a sad day but needed a upgrade.

Yamaha used to make the two small can's for the Nytro that had there own mount and they mounted to the side of the tunnel near the rear. I think they were one gal on each. Don't recall seeing them in the accessory catalog any more though?

Back