• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Will there be something big coming for 09?

NB-NYTRO

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I have decided to hold off on getting a new Nytro. I didn't like the seating position.. and find the sled down right ugly IMO. something tells me something big wil be coming for 09? are my intincts right? Please discuss. I would really love a quiet Apex thats 180hp and a 100lbs lighter.
:Rockon:

I think you will see a revised apex that is 165-170hp and maybe 30-40lbs lighter if you are lucky! Only time will tell!

I believe we will see a new Apex chassis, not as rider forward as the Nytro, 160ish hp [new 3 cyl ??] & 40-50 lbs lighter!

BR

My guess is a new FX-1 4-cylinder 4-valve R1 based engine in a FX inspired chassis. HP should be around 170. And the whole package should be about 50 lbs lighter than the current Apex.

Yup, yamaha is moving up the line making updates every year (just like BMW generally does, upgrading from the bottom). I think you'll see an FX-A1 and FX-AIM <-dunno just making up names

Maybe they'll turbo from the factory... nah, just a pipe dream.

As far as more horepower goes....I think the manufacturers are going to settle around the 150 mark.....I know that next year is the last year for the mighty mach z......maybe lighter weight and better gas mileage, the weight thing would make it seem like it had more power.

Not that I dont hope for a 170-180hp sled 30-50 pounds lighter than the apex, but I think that is pushing it. I also think yamaha will keep the hp around 150-160hp, generally this is more than enough horsepower for 95% of riders. Like most people have indicated, yamaha now has the lighter weight, high hp 4 stroke ditchbanger, now they need a lighter weight, high hp trail machine. Personally I don't think there will be much changes in 09, but hopefully I am wrong. After all, yamaha has came out with 3 different high performance chassis and engines in 3 years, 4 in 4 years would be awesome, and yamaha does seem to be on the 3 year plan with there sleds and 09 will be the apex's 4th year.

there a reason why the mach is all done,its a POS!!... yamaha's new nytro just kicked everybody in the nuts with that beast,its gonna dominate the 600 class and in 09 yamaha would luv to have a top dog high horse power sled..the new nytro is dam near 140 hp(138) with same amount of torque as an apex and 45lbs lighter...how many apex's do u think they will sell in 09 if nothing changes..."big fat 0'...dam right were gonna see changes....like snotech stated,there's an extra outer bearing on the chain case side of the drive axle giving the drive train added power capacity.."turbo or supercharger anyone"??????????????????????

I don't think, I i certainly do not HOPE that Yamaha will put a Turbo or a SC on a factory sled. I like the way you can get twice as much HP just by adding a little pressure, and Yamaha will NEVER put out more than 180HP on a stock sled.. Not in the next 5-6years atleast.So if you want a turbo or sc, just call an aftermarket company... Can you imagine the prises on a new sled if it would have come stock with this?

What you will see, is a N/A 4-stroke around 160ish HP in a< FX style chassis. Not AS rider forward as the Nytro, more like the Mach compared to the Rev. I think your weight savings are a bit to much to hope for. MOST I think we can hope for, is 20lbs, I would guess. Hp up, weight down, ergonomics improve...

Ps, I love the new chassis...

i see a few easy options for yamaha in 09. put the 07 r1 engine into the apex body, that gives you 175-180 hp or take the nytro 3 holer, bore it out to 1200cc, power would be 170-180hp in a newer chassis. this would make a lighter sled with one less cylinder, and no gear reduction.

obr said:
I think your weight savings are a bit to much to hope for. MOST I think we can hope for, is 20lbs, I would guess.

The FX Nytro engine is afaik only around 5-7 lbs lighter then the current Apex engine and the weight difference between the two machines is 40 lbs (Apex RTX vs FX Nytro RTX). So i'm expecting at least 30lbs. And the new engine should be lighter then the current so i wouldn't be that surprised if it were close to 40.

Back