• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Will this work out west

SRXSRULE said:
I dont think I would plan a trip like that in November. Just look at this year, ride out west ANYWHERE right now is marginal at best and wasnt even ridable until the first week in december.

Just a FYI. Eric

X2 ....Jan-March is a much safer bet on good snow.

If your going to go through the effort of swapping a track and extension just for mtn riding then go as large a lug and as long as you can. I've got a '06
Apex Mtn with 2.5 camo extreme on it. I'd run a 3" if I could but really the 2.5 doesn't have enough clearance. I'm fairly sure the mtns came with a 7 tooth driver so if your running a 8tooth a 2.5 is likely too large.

I run dalton adjustable weights, easy to adjust your weight on the hill. You could also run an adjustable secondary ramp.

The 1.75 track with the set back works pretty good 144 works ok 151 would be better . Gear it down a bit pull rivets (on stock weights) so it is just of the rev limiter down low. That will get you in the ball park as you go higher. You should be able to just tighten up the secondary if you need a few more revs while there.
Looks like you got some powder pro skis , good ad on right there.
One thing I would do is get some rox risers 2" to 3" so you can stand up comfortably, it will make a big difference for leverage. If you can do a spring ride in the mountains this year it will give you a good Idea on how everything works. The snow will be set up a bit making it easier to get your feet wet in the Mountains. 4 feet of early season pow is awesome but also requires the most skill and set up.
Have fun.

Do you guys run sway bars. I was going to try disconnecting them my next trip. Just wondering if that helps side hilling?

I've pulled mine. Helps throwing it around.

Back