• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trail track for 151 skid?

IFlyEm

Expert
Looking to extend my XTX to 151 using a Hartman kit.

I want to swap tracks for powder and trail riding. What track should I use for trail riding? I looks like I have to stay with a Ripsaw. Any better options?

The CrossOver 1.5" is also avaliable i 151". At the end of last season I put a 144" CrossOver on our famlity sled, a 2008 Venture Lite, and was very satisfied. Different kind of sled but was a huge improvement vs the stock ripsaw. No issues on trail with slide wear so far.

I have been looking at 151 and like McM the only option is the crossover. Most report its trail friendly I dont have any experience with it. I'm scared to go no studs I just am so used to having them. Wish we could find a review from a stud lover that went to the crossover and what they thought.

I have a 144x1.5 Crossover on my Attak . It's a great track for trail/offtrail. On icy corners I don't miss studs at all. Brakes and accelerates straight. At speed on trail, no loose or wandering feeling like I had with the Predator. Offtrail it works well. Could use more lug heght, BUT, I and my sled together are OVER 1,000 lbs. Can't have everything. No hifax issue, but I AM running an ExpertX. I highly reccomend it!!

Yeah I am not too worried about off trail. I will only be using it when the wife comes along and rides my trail sled. Otherwise its going to have a 2 or 2 1/2" challenger. I will check out the crossover. Otherwise for trail riding I really haven't had any issues with my Ripsaw. Would love to get a cobra in a 151.

Back