• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Woody's Slim Jim bad fuel millages

Maybe your thumbs just in it more to keep up with the bigger sleds your riding with. When we ride the smaller machines always take the most at the pump keeping up will th he bigger iron.

Your are right that I have to give more gaz to follow them. But I do feel the lack of traction at the back that is cause by the drag that is Happening in front. I feel like the sled is plowing the snow whit the ski. By doing so, my track is spinning free very often.

With the current conditions here, which are hard packed groomed, I also find that the front is dragging with my Snow Studs Double Down carbides. I think it's just the nature of dual carbides since they're basically cutting tracks in hard snow. I can feel it when I hit ice and then back onto hard packed. It slows down. I think you may just be experiencing what our conditions are right now instead of soft fluffy snow and they are just doing their job, preventing darting.

With the current conditions here, which are hard packed groomed, I also find that the front is dragging with my Snow Studs Double Down carbides. I think it's just the nature of dual carbides since they're basically cutting tracks in hard snow. I can feel it when I hit ice and then back onto hard packed. It slows down. I think you may just be experiencing what our conditions are right now instead of soft fluffy snow and they are just doing their job, preventing darting.

I fell them on hard pack snow condition like you do but it is not that bad. I could live with that. The track does get traction on theses condition. Where it does get really bad when the snow get softer due to warming condition or after a snow fall. I feel like my sled is like a tractor trying its best to push the snow in front of it. By doing so, it is constantly losing traction and spinning. Even at speed exciding 60km.

My friend that follow me says that I look like a sled that has crazy horse power braking traction all the time but we all know that it is not the case.

I find that snowmobile are very hard to get set up right compare to a motocross, sports ATV or full suspension mountain bike.

I will try to lower my air pressure in my Float to 50/40 lbs and see if I can diminish that drag.

I just remove 20 psi in the float and 20psi in the DP2 and looks like my track is getting better traction, less sliding to the side. I just did some field test. More test to come.

I hope that is all it was for problem

Looks like my problem is solved. The snow condition was hard like concrete tonight. It is hard to say that it is 100% good. What I did is -10psi in the main Fox Float chamber, -10 psi in the DP2. So, I am at 50psi and 100psi. I lost some bite when turning but the sled fells safer then before when off the gaz. I don't feel like the back end will past in front when off the throttle.

More test to come next season unless we manage to get some more snow.

Back