• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Would like new sled advice! Which one for my riding style?

Fell in love with the Apex RTX on my first ride, very strong pull, good ride - wish I rode it before I bought my Vector GT. Waiting for the 2010 models to upgrade at this point.

From what you said about your riding style, and your need for quick acceleration from corner to corner, I would definitly go with the Apex LTX GT, unless you ride alot of real tight twisty trails, then I would go with the regular 121" track Apex GT. I own both an Apex and a 2007 Rage GT, and I would think you would want the quicker corner to corner acceleration of the 150 HP engine found in the Apex vs. the 120 HP of the rage or vector. You can really tell the difference in acceleration when you mash the go fast lever.

I also say Apex GT, I made my Rx-1 into a 136inch, and its a nice ride. not better not worse just different. get the fastest one! 150 Hp

I'll throw in a vote for the vector ltx (ER or GT). Gobs of grunt for the trails and great fuel mileage.

I bought a Apex er last January and love the sled. I also have a 06 Polaris Fusion 600ho. I think the Polaris is better in the tight twisties but for over all trail riding the Apex can't be beat. You hit the straight away mash the throttle and your gone. The power is always there no matter what speed your going. It pulls harder than any other sled I have ridden.

Once you get it set up and figure out how you want to get rid of the darting you will be happy. I went with the Bergstrom carbides for the darting with great success. :Rockon: :Rockon: :yam:

I had a 3 cylinder 2006 model 120 HP Rage in the fleet once. Nobody would ride it including my 14 and 17 year old daughters at the time. Everyone wanted to ride the 150 HP Attaks. I always got stuck on the damn thing. The 120 3 cylinders have alot more noise in the engine or clutch at lower speeds and are way underpowered after riding a 4 cylinder. If you want performance, don't look at the 120. I do agree on the 136 long track. The ride and handling is substantially better with a 136" and I'll never own anything less again, other than maybe a Cat Z1 turbo and their 128" track if and only if it can't be purchased as a 136" model.

Yes, if you get a Yamaha, you'll need to figure out how to get rid of the darting, I use Woody's doolys and Snowtrackers when conditions allow.

Thanks Guys!
So far I have it narrowed down on an Apex LTX GT or an Artic Cat F8,F1000 or the Z1 series...I keep hearing how great the twin spar ride is. Anyone ridden both??

I rode a 08 F1000 Sno-Pro last year and thought it rode extremely harsh. Real Lame for a 165 HP two-stroke too. I could walk a way from him with my 150 HP Attak. I'm told the std. version rides much better. Go with the new turbo Z1 if you go Cat. The non turbo is not as good as any of the Yamaha engines. The F8 is really not what a 800 should be. Have you looked at the new Ski-Doo four-stroke? It will get my interest when they add a factory supercharger to it. I really like the Ski-Doo ergos and their light weight. They need to prove their durability though. Seems to be a large amount of issues with the Ski-Doos. Maybe their four-stroke will be better.

Back