• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

X Wheels

Bushcop241

X Wheels by Excell Motorsports!! Anyone out there that has installed these? Looking to solve my slider wear problem on my XTX. Using scrathers right now but i think i shouldn't have too!! Any advice??

I bought my XtX off of my brother in law and he put a polaris wheels on and haven't had a problem since with my sliders.

That sounds good. Did he add any extra wheels or did he just replace the stock wheels? The dealer that I deal with wanted me to try some ski-doo wheels, but they would have looked terrible. Thanks!!

X Wheels are the way to go. I put 1800 km's on my sliders after installing them with pretty well ZERO wear. They pretty well cost as much as Kimpex but they fit perfect. The only problem with the Doo or Polaris is that the bearing (6205) is actually wider than the mount. The X-Wheels run the Yammie size bearing (6005).

Good to here from someone who has tried these wheels. I just may have to try them myself. I replaced the sliders on my machine 3 times last year!!! Installed some scratchers and broke one of them off on the first day!!! With the scratcher gone the sliders was toast in 70 miles!!! The snow conditions were great and the track was loose. Yamaha needs to fix the problem!!!

Bushcop241 said:
Good to here from someone who has tried these wheels. I just may have to try them myself. I replaced the sliders on my machine 3 times last year!!! Installed some scratchers and broke one of them off on the first day!!! With the scratcher gone the sliders was toast in 70 miles!!! The snow conditions were great and the track was loose. Yamaha needs to fix the problem!!!

I believe I swapped mine 3 times as well. I just ordered my X wheels yesterday!

Definitely order the wheels.

I used to change slides all the fricken time, until I went to the larger 135mm wheels, and then I could go a whole season. The X wheels weren't available when I did it so I had to modify my mounts.

Nothing worse than changing Hyfax in the middle of the season.

Yes I agree with that!!! Sucks when you go on a trip and you have to worry about the sliders wearing out before the trip is over. It happened....loaded the sled onto the trailer and there was a 4 inch hole worn completely through. I am going to order as well. Thanks guys!!! :rocks:

Another option would be OFT wheels, they are 4mm larger than stock and provide some sick :bling

Guys with the XTX, did you install the 8 set of wheels or 6? I ordered the six for my XTX and it seems to be just fine. I kind of want to order the extra two though. Just looking for your thoughts on this!

I'm extending my 121 nytro to a 136 extension from oft.

I'm thinking of ordering 2 x-wheels to place at the tip up. Would that be ok even though there slightly bigger then the rest? I would just use the existing holes that I see msot people are using. Any input on what to do would be great.

sly23 said:

I'm thinking of ordering 2 x-wheels to place at the tip up. Would that be ok even though there slightly bigger then the rest? I would just use the existing holes that I see msot people are using. Any input on what to do would be great.

Do it, havent riden mine yet but everyone i talked to with the kit says it is a must to save ur sliders back there

Bushcop241 said:
That sounds good. Did he add any extra wheels or did he just replace the stock wheels? The dealer that I deal with wanted me to try some ski-doo wheels, but they would have looked terrible. Thanks!!

He did have to put a couple of washers in and of course he used polaris bearings which came with the wheels.

raginyamaha said:
sly23 said:

Do it, havent riden mine yet but everyone i talked to with the kit says it is a must to save ur sliders back there

So you say Put 2 x-wheels or get them all. just buying two is a little more cost friendly. Just wondering if it will throw things out of whack.

Back