• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

xtx first ride

Put 110 miles on my xtx today, the maiden voyage besides riding around the yard. When I started riding the temps were close to 0 degrees. The handwarmers work well IMO. Not as warm as my old venture, but they did the job. I have pretty cheap gloves that I picked up from Eastern Mountiain Sports last year when I had the venture and my hands only got cold a couple of times. Never to the point where I needed to put them by the exhaust. Still trying to mesh out the suspension settings, played with them all day but tral conditions varied from hard packed trails to trails with about 8" of fresh powder on top of a 10" crusty base. I only have 122 miles on the sled so I'm still trying to be somewhat "nice" to her until she is broken in but the motor in this thing pulls like crazy. I love it so far real easy to pop the front end up any time you have a small hill or bump in front of you. My low fuel light came on at about 95miles. I carry 2 one gallon gas cans in my saddle bag but managed to get back to the trailer without having to use the extra gas. Might consider a trail tank at some point. I figure around 15mpg and the sled isn't broken in yet. We'll see how it goes. All in all I'm very happy about this sled and look forward to the rest of the winter! Threw some pics in for ya too.

Attachments

• mrp1.jpg
    mrp1.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 56
  • mrp2.jpg
    mrp2.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 76
  • mrp3.jpg
    mrp3.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 69
  • mrp5.jpg
    mrp5.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 96

I have the same saddlebag. Where did you purchase the 1 gallon gas cans? I do have a 1 gallon can but there is no way it will fit the side pockets.

2008 Nytro RTX: Had 105 miles when I put it back on the trailer after doing the math even though I said 110 in my right up, my bad.

ApexLTXGT: I got the cans at Sears. I did some research and measured the size of the bags. The cans are made by blitz and they are 1.4 gallons each.

Back