• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

xtx in the mountains?

Those sliders look a little short in the picture. They will get torn off eventually, I guess they didn't have the right ones.

Good eye mryamaha! Actually in the pic the hyfax were off, they were putting new hyfax on the sled and while they had it tipped over I was able to get some pics!

I am the guy always burning them off so its the first thing I look at. LOL
That is something I wish they would fix. Did you happen to notice how they were worn? At the back, front or middle?

I was under the impression that the 2009 MTX WOULD NOT be getting any front end geometry changes?? That is what I have been told out here in WA. Anyone hear different?

Please dont tell me they already ate up a set of hyfax on the xtx?? I figured with a fully clipped track and shallow approach angle this thing would get normal slider life like most sleds get. I was hoping if I ordered one I wouldnt have to upgrade to larger skid wheels but we may have to........

Deadman said:
Would larger wheels make for less slider wear?

yes alot of guys replace the skidframe wheels with 5.35 polaris or doo wheels and leave the rear idlers the factory size and it helps dramatically with slide wear. One of the cheapest fixes is the slp anti wear pads but these wont work on the xtx because it has a fully clipped track.

I think the hyfax were doing fine until they added the 1.75in lug track for the dealer meeting (you know how those dealers are on the new equipment!!!LOL). Maybe the track was to tight, no scratchers etc!!! The ones they took off were down to the wear line, but I have had Yamaha's in the past that would wear down to a certain point fast and then they would be fine!! Go figure!!

justinator said:
Deadman said:
Would larger wheels make for less slider wear?

yes alot of guys replace the skidframe wheels with 5.35 polaris or doo wheels and leave the rear idlers the factory size and it helps dramatically with slide wear. One of the cheapest fixes is the slp anti wear pads but these wont work on the xtx because it has a fully clipped track.

Has anyone seen the actual track and is is fully clipped? If you look close in the gallery on the Yamaha USA website, all the windows are opened but not all clipped.
Thats the way I have my Nytro right now and it helps a bit but it will still burns sliders. I put aftermarket graphite sliders on and my dealer gave me a marginal snow wheel kit and now I dont burn any sliders at all.

I just looked a that pic and your right, its an every 3rd clipped every window open track. They must of done this to save some weight and rotating mass. I guess one could fully clip the track but that adds 3lbs of clips on a 121 track so roughly 4 4.5lbs on a 144.

I think they are recognizing the slider burning issue. LOL I know when I cut my windows out, the rubber pieces weighed less than a pound but did help the burining a bit. Those pieces are very thin and weigh almost nothing. Mybe we should ask Chris why they did that?

My problems started with the ripsaw track, you dont have to go to far into the DOOTALK site to see that they are saying they burn sliders too with the rip saw.

I will back up my statement by saying that my 02' viper had no issues and it did not have a rip saw. I had 2 -04 Viper 'S' models and they had a rip saw and that is exactly when my problem started. They were basically the same sleds just different tracks and shocks of course, but the angles of the rails and wheel sizes were all the same.

Back