• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX is squirrely

SmokeXTX

So I have my 12 XTX setup per sj's post. Loose front shocks, center skid with lots of preload, stock strap setting, and control rods in the middle.

This thing rails when there is a little chop and the trails are set up. It pushed in loose stuff but i can live with it.

So my question is why does in never feel "planted"? It just feels all over the place at any speed. Not just darting a little but the track feels like it's just skating all over the place.

Would a little less skid spring pressure help?

I'm close, just need a little more stability.

Thanks.

P.S. Hope this avatar is better........some guys thought my last one was a dude!

:die

With you in gear on the sled does it sit flat or high in the middle. Should be flat for best handling and stability. Start at the back and set your torsion to what works for you. I think sj's setup is soft torsion which works for most unless you are quite heavy. Then set the ceter preload to where it sits flat with you on the sled. I leave the front preload on as soft as possible as it doesn't affect ride height much with stock suspension. If it doesn't sort things out for you you can always go back to where you had it

Mountain skis, duelie carbides, and 114 studs

On mine I have the front spring preload backed off. That works for me. I weigh about 170 with gear.

what do you have for skis/carbides and what is your toe-out set at?

also X2 on what "old man winter" asked about skid

stubb111 said:

I'm about 250 geared up. The rear drops about 2 inches after the usual 4-5 inch "sag" when I sit on it.

I have tuners with the toe set at zero and woody's 6" inside and 4" outside.

I don't think it's sitting to high, I've considered studs but it already pushes and I don't want to make it worse.

Thanks for the input

Set your toe to 1/2" out. Makes a huge difference for twitchyness.

SmokeXTX said:
stubb111 said:

I'm about 250 geared up. The rear drops about 2 inches after the usual 4-5 inch "sag" when I sit on it.

I don't think it's sitting to high, I've considered studs but it already pushes and I don't want to make it worse.

Thanks for the input
Does the whole sled settle 2 inches or just the rear when you get on. If your rear is sagging down and your front preload is soft it's like your dick being longer than your legs. You will be rocking in the middle. Rear sagging is poor weight distibution

old man winter said:
SmokeXTX said:
stubb111 said:

Thanks for the input
Does the whole sled settle 2 inches or just the rear when you get on. If your rear is sagging down and your front preload is soft it's like your dick being longer than your legs. You will be rocking in the middle. Rear sagging is poor weight distibution

I don't think the hole sled sags just the rear. are you thinking i should crank up my torsions or lessen the skid spring preload.

I know for sure if I keep this sled, it will need to shock revalving and the star xtx kit.

You said your back end feels like it's skating all over the place. If it's more noticeable when you let off the throttle that the back is wagging it's tail it's almost certain that the centre shock is taking too much of the weight. You can lessen centre or increase front and rear. Not sure how much you increased your centre preload but If you're not bottoming out on the rear I would lessen preload on the centre shock rather than increase torsion spring. When adjusting the centre you should only go about an 1/8" at a time and test. you said you are close so it probably won't take much

Back