• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX rear float shock

Dan_SRViper

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha SR Viper XTX
Hi,

I have a 2014 XTX and don't really like how the float bottoms out. I sometime go riding with my wife and it's really not working properly. Now I can have a coil shock from a 2015 MTX Viper, would this fit and just bolt on? Also running the air float on front and coil shock on the rear will this be a good combo, or should I try and get the coil all around?

Thanks

I have a 2015 xtx and have been told the mtx coil over will fit right on i am planning on trying the coil over in the rear with a 160lb front skid spring and floats in the front with chambers for next year

I use a fox zero pro out of an Arctic Cat. I had Hygear make me a spring. The part number is 2704-173. The updated part number is 2704-682 only problem is that this is a shock made by Arctic Cat.

I used the arctic cat Fox zero 2704-190 and 175# spring, picked mine up a few months ago, ~10$ more than the Arctic "Cat zero pro Clone" shock. I think its listed under the 12' proclimb models. cost me 170$ shipped to my door for the setup.

My XTX has full coil overs now, I use a pair of Winder Zero RC's up front and that vastly improved the front end "feel" and ride. I really think if Yamaha went full coilovers shocks and NO TUNER SKI from the start that the Viper would have gotten a lot more magazine cred.

Last edited:

Back