• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX rear skid swap out?

Had some time to tinker away, have to do some final fine touches to finish the repositioning of the rear supports. To find where I should mount the rear factory mounts, I had measured a Viper sled centre to centre for the rear skid which came to 31". I then used a ratchet strap to set the rear skid at that distance and fastened the factory mounts to the skid and lowered the sled down into position. I was amazed at how smooth and clean the mounts positioned at that point in the tunnel. I'm currently reforming the shape of the underplate on the footboards, to have a cleaner look. Just by setting the center to center distance and lowering back down onto the plates gave me almost the exact same ride height as factory, within 1/4 inch.

sled 5.JPG
sled 4.JPG
sled 3.JPG
sled 2.JPG
sled 1.JPG

Last edited:

Had some time to tinker away, have to do some final fine touches to finish the repositioning of the rear supports. To find where I should mount the rear factory mounts, I had measured a Viper sled centre to centre for the rear skid which came to 31". I then used a ratchet strap to set the rear skid at that distance and fastened the factory mounts to the skid and lowered the sled down into position. I was amazed at how smooth and clean the mounts positioned at that point in the tunnel. I'm currently reforming the shape of the underplate on the footboards, to have a cleaner look. Just by setting the center to center distance and lowering back down onto the plates gave me almost the exact same ride height as factory, within 1/4 inch.

View attachment 149226 View attachment 149222 View attachment 149223 View attachment 149224 View attachment 149225

View attachment 149226 View attachment 149222 View attachment 149223 View attachment 149224 View attachment 149225
Looks awesome!! Can't wait to do mine

Back