• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX Skid front Center shock settings

jason22

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha Nytro
FC71FC22-FCDB-4EAE-8AFA-95357A8B5641.jpeg
hey guys

Trying to set my ‘13 xtx rear skid up. Been reading the suspension section but finding it confusing.
Trying to making it easier to steering or lighter steering feel.

Me : 260 lbs

Front ski shocks
I have set to loose( slight rattle) as per what everyone seems to be going with.

Rear skid
Star suspension kit
Limiter straps are at full length
Front skid shock has spring upgrade to my wieght. (260 lbs)
Front shock has 1 1/2 of threads showing

Adjuster blocks are on H (hard)

I don’t wanna go any stiffer on front Center shock. ( looks pretty stiff now) afraid I mite break something.

Am I heading in right direction?

Looking to get a better handling on trails

Any suggestions would be great

Thanks guys.

I'm the same weight with gear and center shock only about 5/8" showing.( I do have dual rate springs on it and valved for me by Hygear) Everything else set same as you.

Pete

I just have single spring but to my wieght. And have had. Both rear shocks rebuilt and revalved to my wieght also.

How do find your nytro steers and feels set that way Pete?

WV you seem to be right.
I was originally going off what Robert said.
5.5 - 6” of ride hieght and he said adjust the cams to suit.
I just found email agAin and he said if your running Center shock spring fill tight almost
Then run your blocks on S soft.

I did notice tonight when sitting on sled after cranking spring up that the rear of sled didn’t drop much. Or anything at all.
So I will set to S soft and see what that does.

WV you seem to be right.
I was originally going off what Robert said.
5.5 - 6” of ride hieght and he said adjust the cams to suit.
I just found email agAin and he said if your running Center shock spring fill tight almost
Then run your blocks on S soft.

I did notice tonight when sitting on sled after cranking spring up that the rear of sled didn’t drop much. Or anything at all.
So I will set to S soft and see what that does.
Don't feel too bad. I couldn't figure out why mine was steering so hard either. Then I read the directions.....

My rear is set on hard, but I have a Mountaintech 43+2 front end and a Schmidt Brothers sway bar. It steers a little hard, but that also depends on snow conditions. This setup gives me best cornering. Which is what I'm after.

Pete

270 lbs here, no gear. 6.3"
Star Kit on my 09 XTX w 1.75.
Robert rebuilt my center shock and added a heavier spring for my weight...also re valved other 3 shocks for me, for my weight.

I'd have to look at my center preload to see where it sits (at work now), but will tell you I have my adjuster set a full soft, (4 position adjuster from SB) and have the torsion spring spacers from Hygear. Sled sits high in rear stroke and steering is...decent. The skid is seriously improved over stock! I have Curves with 6" carbides. It totally depends on snow conditions as to how it feels. I try to maintain as much corner speed to help with too much or too little pressure on skis. I have my strap pulled to 2nd position from soft, as per Roberts advise.

Just found a pic on my ph. My center preload is tight. Cant see in the pic exactly as spring is covering any threads, but looks like only about 1/2" to 3/4" of threads showing from top of spring. I'll try to upload a pic from my phone shortly

Some pics. He set them and suggested I keep them where they are...which is what Ive done

Attachments

• 20180112_135936.jpg
    20180112_135936.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 241
Looks like you have your spring set the same as I do now mp5.
I’ll drop my rear blocks down to soft and see how that works.

Herndrop how do you like your mountain tech 43 + 2 front end?
Do you feel a difference?

I think MrSled is trying that set up this year too.

I’m running the Zbros 43 + 1 front end.

The Mountaintech 43+2 made a big difference in handling along with the Curve XS skis, but it also depends on snow conditions. Hard pack trails I loose some handling where a little loose snow she rails.

Pete

Jason,

I have a set up close to Herndrop. I got a lighter steering as soon as I changed the OEM spring for an heavier one (ski doo parts). Other point: I run one 6 inch carbide and one runner on my tuner ski.

Back