• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

xtx vs F8....

zrcrazy

Extreme
How do they do in a 1/4 mile race....buddys are buying 2008's and just wondering how close it will be....

both sleds bone stock hes going to pull away on the long end because its an 800 and a cat thats as light as a feather.. my buddy has a 07 F8 and we lined up, i took him off the line then around 90mph he caught me and pulled maybe a ski loop, thats all id let him have...I have my sled clutched and a Hauck fuel accelerator, if your looking for top end or to run with the big sleds your going to need to do something for the fuel or youll notice it starving for fuel at top speeds, and clutch lol...power is there in the Nytro you just have to make the best of it

have the guy put a silencer on the f8 with nothing else, a guy i rode with last year had a noise maker on his and we were riding he came out of the trail on to the lake before i did and was about 6 lengths infront of me and i ran him down easily and passed him up, this was about a 1/4 mile. When we got to our stop he said what size is that thing, i told him that it runs with the 600 improved classes, i do have the full excell,pciii,k&n,and dragnfly kit, but was so surprised i blew by him, as for when it was with the stock can i can't say but with the can it was a piggggggg :yam:

stopdropanroll said:
Race_blue60 said:
a cat thats as light as a feather.

Maybe lighter then the Nytro but certainly not feather light!

Agree...takes $$$ to make them work.

stopdropanroll said:
Race_blue60 said:

The F8 was not a light chassis at all...if there is a weight difference it is on about 30lbs max...and to boot the F8's were not great performers until 09..motor wise 142hp...should be a good race.

shaddow44 said:
stopdropanroll said:
Race_blue60 said:

The F8 was not a light chassis at all...if there is a weight difference it is on about 30lbs max...and to boot the F8's were not great performers until 09..motor wise 142hp...should be a good race.

A "good race" maybe to about 85-90mph. I ride with an F8 and an F1000 (both are clutched and piped and studded, I'm stock except studs) and I leave both on dead stop starts and low speed roll ons but they both catch me and go by at about 85-90. Best thing to do is just let off after about an 1/8th of a mile and say "race over", you'll never lose, lol. :Rockon:

my cousins have two 800 Xfires which are lighter and I run dead even with them. I get them in the mid range but longer legs catch me then we stay dead even. Good races on trail or lake with same results! :Rockon:

Get a turbo and its lights out for most any stock sled I would imagine! I want to meet up with some of my prior Mach z 1000 friends and see how mine holds up to them. I had the F7 in 03 when it first came out and until this day its the fastest of the f series. The new 1000 they have in the first f chassis is going to give a lot of sleds a hand full. From past experience on the Mach I am not impressed with the new F cats. The older chassis watch out, especially any thing thats been ported, they are damn quick. Also watch out for people who have 1000, 900, and 800 with f6 and f5 stickers. Ran into a few of those last years and I was like damn......Then I was enlightened as to what was really going on. ;):D

Dude, why show that... It' means nothing. Who races in powder and can really call it a fair race. The guy with more hp, is going to spin more. That's just stupid..

2008FxNytro said:
X2, you cant race in powder
Why can't you? If their is no hard pack, and you want to race, then line'em up. If that Nytro would have been an XTX with a 2" track would your thought's be the same? My point is, if they can race on GRASS, ASPHALT, ICE, and WATER, then why can't they race on SNOW?? It's a snowmobile isn't it? ;):D

Back