• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX w/ Simmons ski's poll/setup question...

those are different, would picture them only working by getting off into snow. think overall scratchers would do more.
I got these, they are SLP. they cost me $25 with hardware. bent the snow end to a 45 and thats it. I tried them and checked snow in rear with and without and would say they were somewhat effective, but would be better on the apex with r board exchangers. I guess thats why they say r board mounted ones are better on fx. just didn't want a 30" spring vibrating the whole machine.

Attachments

• 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    428.8 KB · Views: 44

as to scratchers....check out slidekicks.... the cooling fins are for snow only though...

Any update SJ - how's the testing going?

I just picked up a set of simmons and am trying to get a good baseline set up for shocks/springs.

My current set up:

1.) stock rubbers mounted in the stock direction
2.) mounted in the rear most hole
3.) front spring and front skid spring loosened until rattle then turned one full turn tighter.

Next up is compression and dampening adjustments.

I have not adjusted the limiter strap or rear torsion springs/ transfer rods yet.

At higher speeds the sled handles quite well, but at slower speeds the skis still hunt a bit (not anything close to the factory skis). The steering effort did increase some and the skis did push a bit more than I would have liked - however, conditions were icey so its hard to judge the overall performance of the ski.

Overall I am very happy with the skis....110% better then stock! I need to keep playing with the shocks/springs, and I am also adding the OFT steering relocator.

first ride yesterday..220 miles...not bad...heavy steering though...rear holes which put pressure on the the rear of ski rubber...not sure if i cared for that...middle or front holes for me next time out,,

if it was me...Id pick the forward holes of the ski mounts....and I would try going the other way with the rear skid front shock spring...tighter will lessen ski pressure......after riding .....set transfer at half or if you like even 2/3rds to see if you like..

one thing I will try when I get the chance....mounting with the mount up against the spindle to the inside with just a washer and the outside with a bushing to the outside....this will give a wider ski stance but yet to be seen as what it does as to ski pressure..

SJ -

Did you play with your limiter straps at all? Mine are still in the stock position..

All of the suspension set ups in the sticky at the top of the page list pulling the straps up 1-2 holes. My sled transfers weight pretty well, and I am afraid of the even heavier steering trade-off. What is your take?

I think they should be loose...no need for more ski pressure...just there to limit as intended....most of the pulling in the straps would be for front end push which ski and carbide choice can remove...

Im working on removing some of the heavier steering ....I will be increasing the rear suspension shock spring tension some and am considering a set of softer front springs..

Back