• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha 120 Hp truths, and myths???

I for one could give a rats @$$ about top end... I love my gas mileage..A high of 20.9.. And "0" oil useage..I get far more pleasure out of sitting on my sled during gas stops and watching all my smoker buddies fill-up........... LaLaLa :tg: MM.

MadMax said:
I for one could give a rats @$$ about top end... I love my gas mileage..A high of 20.9.. And "0" oil useage..I get far more pleasure out of sitting on my sled during gas stops and watching all my smoker buddies fill-up........... LaLaLa :tg: MM.

Right on MM!!

sorry if you bought the sled for something else.I personally do a lot of lake racing and speed runs and I cancelled my rx1 and bougt a vector I like the vector's far better thatn the rx1's and with a little minor work you can blow the rx1's away.Stu by the way if you look at he link you put up that's for rage's.

You don't have to be sorry pro, I'm not. I'm very happy with my sled for what I use it for (exploring woods trails and wilderness). I can go a long ways w/o having to worry about how far to the next gas station and not needing to top off when I see a gas station (which for some reason those gas stations out in the middle of no where tend to have awfully high prices).

pro116 said:
sorry if you bought the sled for something else.I personally do a lot of lake racing and speed runs and I cancelled my rx1 and bougt a vector I like the vector's far better thatn the rx1's and with a little minor work you can blow the rx1's away.Stu by the way if you look at he link you put up that's for rage's.

Pro,
I would like to know the "little minor work" to do to blow by an rx-1. Given the stage III ulmer kit for starters, but did changing the gearing help alot??? Pipes, excell headers??? R ya holding out on us!! LOL

mods

rsvector going down in gear is huge on these sleds you will gain mph and accelletartion but may lose about 1.5-2mpg.Go down to 21-38 you won't lose any top speed.put the pludgs in,sync your carbs,put the holtzman green springs in the carbs,I don't run studs.If I run glare ice I pout a different track on.I had a whit knuckle exhaust but didn't see a gain I think it was 1000th of a second in a 1/4 mile.I put atf with energy release in my chaincase.Trued the drivers.tighten your limiter strap up and set your transfer at max.I have messed with lot's of clutching.Ulmers stage 3 kit's work great.For drag racing I also run a 89l beldt.

stuff

I was going to test the excell heder pipe but wrecked the sled.Rsvector I usually don't post much about techincal stuff any more because some one always bashes or cuts products down they didn't try.Almost everything i try is on timers or radar.

as for stock

Just my 2 sents but you can do a few things to your stock vector to gain topend and still remain completely stock. Windage plates on secondary cluuth, SLP wear pads on closed window portin of track, cut the cooling fins off of your brake disc. The cooling fins are rotating weight and are robbing horsepower to turn it at high speeds. These 3 things will all make your track run more effiently on topend.

Re: stuff

pro116 said:
I was going to test the excell heder pipe but wrecked the sled.Rsvector I usually don't post much about techincal stuff any more because some one always bashes or cuts products down they didn't try.Almost everything i try is on timers or radar.

Well our setups are pretty close except I'm running a different clutch kit and I didn't gear my down at all nor did I purchase a pipe because I saw little gain there as well for the money. Thanks for the info I might have to try the gear down. Sorry to hear you wrecked the sled!

I did see 115 on my speedo and my buddy did see 118 on bone stock Rages both on hard pack road. I've raced Oakhills Vector stock before, he did some mods and I could beat his Vector then by alittle...most of the time. But after he put a different clutch and piped it he pulls me pretty hard! I have raced a 600 HO Rev and I can tell you those 600's run strong! Oakhill was very close to him..I dont recall the resultexactely with him and the HO but I know he was right there with him, thats the 1st stock 600 thats ever beat me hands down! The Rev 600 HO is a strong runner...but believe it or not...not bragging but this guy is an aggressive rider and he could not pass me in any trail he followed and tried to pass but couldn't, I even lost him in a few turns as he went off the trail! He could hang with me in 1-2 ft. bumps well.. but in the really big bumps (2-3ft woopies) I was very surprised myself he was so far back I could barely hear him or anyone on the group. Not saying my Rage is superior in a snowcross race but I was very impressed with how well it did in cross-country and basic HARD riding with non-pro competition. Oakhill and I did a 1,500 mile U.P. trip last year and thats when we really saw the difference in sleds...especially milage and dependability the two-smokes were spending between $45 & $55.00 aday more in gas and oil! We really felt sorry for the 2-smokes at the pumps :4STroke: :yam: <just some facts

i honestly can't say enough good about my 05 Rage. Ulmer stage 3, excell header and silencer (loudener...hehe), geared, and picked. It's a whole new sled now. I'm beating, running with the bigger boys in the shorter field runs. Top end is a different story. I still wanna do the plugs, sync carbs, and carb spring. Every little thing count. I CAN say I dumped some bucks in it, but I definately got what I paid for. Love it, very impressed. If I really want THAT much more, I'll get a turbie for it. AAAHHHHH-hahahahahaha! YAMARULE!!

Back