• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha 2015 viper and future ?

Mr Y

Extreme
Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
Yamaha Apex TTX - 2014
Yamaha Venture MP - 2010
(ATV ) Yamaha Grizzly 450 eps- 2016
Last friday I testdrive the New Yamaha Viper 2015. For me it´s first time on that modell.

But what a big disappointment , where is the finish, fit and quality in this Product ?

For me is that sled not what I associate with Yamaha

Is this the future in cat with Yamaha label or is there genuine Yamaha sled´s coming back ?

Or I´m to much Yamaha old school fan ?

Mr Y

:whine: We all want a new line of Yamaha sleds, unfortunately we always say wait til next year and the next! Of coarse the fit and finish is crap, its just a blue cat!! :moon:

We need a new section called WHINE. Then it could be directed to a AC, Poo or Doo site.
Everybody who is disappointed with Yamaha could post in there instead of whining about it here on a Yamaha forum.

steiner said:
We need a new section called WHINE. Then it could be directed to a AC, Poo or Doo site.
Everybody who is disappointed with Yamaha could post in there instead of whining about it here on a Yamaha forum.
lol

Everyone whined (Yami faithful included) that Yamaha had a crappy chassis and suspension but great engines. Fix it they said Cat and Doo are years ahead.

SO Yami took the only part that no one complained about which was the motor and clutches and let Cat stick them into a chassis that even the Yami guys said was better then thier own.

Yamaha listened! The Catamaha was born! So now if its not good enough don't complain to Yamaha its what everyone dreamed about out loud.

steiner said:

Right.... :Rockon:

So your saying that all Yamaha chassis are better than this one. I've never seen fit and finish make you a better rider. I've ridden a couple vipers and there isn't one Yamaha that will corner as flat as this chassis.

x2

MrSled said:
steiner said:

Right.... :Rockon:

Yes , if they only used there chassi , not rest och Cat stuff.

Re: viper

should say, Yamaha doesn't want anything from doo.

srx900 said:
Yamadoo would have been a lot better but doo doesn't want anything from Yamaha.

I don't think you will ever hear a Yamaha rider complain about the ride and handling of the new Viper. IMO that was a home run compared to what we had.

The biggest complaint is the execution of the design. IMO Cat has the worst quality, and quality control of all the manufacturers. It shows on these new sleds.

We used to have threads about suspension setup the most. In the viper section it is about poor fasteners, blown chaincases, and blown mufflers.

I just wish Yamaha would take the procross design and manufacture it in Japan with the same quality we are all used to. We all wanted a better chassis just not at the expense of quality.

Back