• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha OEM part # 8FA-47489 RX-1 Heavyduty Center Spring

Have a few to many cheeseburgers this summer. :o|

Stiffen up your center shock with this Yamaha OEM heavyduty rear centerspring?

Yamaha OEM part number 8FA-47489-00-00 (K=3.5-6.0)

I have it listed on Ebay under Yamaha RX1 RX-1 Rear Center Heavyduty Spring. Have pic's and invoice. Check it out. ;)!

05 rx-1 spring rate adjustment

For those that are not aware and are experiencing bottoming out of the rear suspension set as stiff as it can be with the twist adjuster....there is also more adjustment by removing the spring assembly and removing the spring.When the spring has been compressed and removed you will find that the perch it sits on has a round circlip under it with two more available positions for stiffening thje spring rate.This is something that I do not believe Yamaha has made known.I found this out while taking mine apart to rebuild the suspension on my 05 and do a few other small mods(k&n pistons,hauck cams,flow bench head work.ecp kit,qc-1 exhaust.hauck clutching.and gearing to go as well as a reinforced,zerted,and nylatron bushed skid) :4STroke:

Correction.....I checked the parts manual. This one is the 44.1 n/mm (Newton/Millimeter) spring.

This is a heavier spring.

Move the stock spring adjuster to one of the stiffer setting will make the spring deflect and rub thru the shock. I did.

Cost on a new shock at the dealer, $1100.

Back