• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHA VECTOR L-TX GT TEST RIDE

I have watched the episode and did not agree with Mr.Lester on his evaluation on the Vector,my reason being if you look at the front suspension when he is sitting there talking about it, the suspension has not been adjusted for sag the lock collars are in the stock position.And if you sit on the sled straight up and down in a turn any sled will have ski lift.If any one is going to evalute a sled a least set it up first!.Just my .02 :yam: :rocks:

rightarm said:
I have watched the episode and did not agree with Mr.Lester on his evaluation on the Vector,my reason being if you look at the front suspension when he is sitting there talking about it, the suspension has not been adjusted for sag the lock collars are in the stock position.And if you sit on the sled straight up and down in a turn any sled will have ski lift.If any one is going to evalute a sled a least set it up first!.Just my .02 :yam: :rocks:
Well said. ;)!

I am not trying to discredit Snowtrax or Mr.Lester I just felt that the evaluation was conducted poorly considering that this model is one of the darlings in the trail catagory and has been hard to fault in the past.Just my.02 ;)!

The comments re skis & tippyness are spot on. He's correct, the Cg is too high & the skis are darty. Fox Floats help, better skis help but still, the sleds are tippy. After running my '06 Attak for 4 years & having swapped over to a 600 Etec this year, the DB chassis sleds are tippy. But really, that's about the only negative thing that can be said of these sleds. The engines are awsome as is engineering, quality, performance, economy, comfort & reliability. Tippyness aside, it's a great sled. I do hope Yam addresses handling on future models, I'd like to come back to Blue some day.

What suprised me from the episode was that Mr. Lester seems to have never ridden ridden a Vector before. He never mentions any of the changes and upgrades from the previous version except for the engine which he makes sound as if it's a bored out carbed engine and bolt on FI and not a reworked nytro motor. I do feel it was a positive piece but he just didn't seem that knowledgeable about the whole picture and what major improvements were done to the machine this year. All those little improvements is what made me buy mine this year.

Back