• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha vs. ZR7000 Gear Compatibility?

OneFast600

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Arctic Cat ZR 7000 LXR
Hello TY4stroke,

New here and new to 4-stroke snowmobiles. I have a 2017 ZR7000 LXR that was my ride this past season. I bought it off a friend with low miles. It’s a joy to ride and I love the torque of that 1049 down low.

Like many, I’d like a little more top end out of it cause 85mph doesn’t cut it. I will be replacing the primary clutch with a PB80, performing the air box mod and I’d like to re-gear it.

Here’s where I’d like some technical info. I want to keep the 49T bottom gear and trade out the top for a 24T and a 92P chain. I read a 12 page forum topic on here and some members stated that the AC and Yamaha gears do not work with each other. Over on Arctic Chat, one member bought and installed the Yamaha top gear and chain in his ZR 7000 with the AC 49T bottom gear. He even provided the Yamaha part numbers.

Will the gears from each manufacturer in fact work with each other? I’d like some clarification on this if possible. Thanks in advance.

Hello TY4stroke,

New here and new to 4-stroke snowmobiles. I have a 2017 ZR7000 LXR that was my ride this past season. I bought it off a friend with low miles. It’s a joy to ride and I love the torque of that 1049 down low.

Like many, I’d like a little more top end out of it cause 85mph doesn’t cut it. I will be replacing the primary clutch with a PB80, performing the air box mod and I’d like to re-gear it.

Here’s where I’d like some technical info. I want to keep the 49T bottom gear and trade out the top for a 24T and a 92P chain. I read a 12 page forum topic on here and some members stated that the AC and Yamaha gears do not work with each other. Over on Arctic Chat, one member bought and installed the Yamaha top gear and chain in his ZR 7000 with the AC 49T bottom gear. He even provided the Yamaha part numbers.

Will the gears from each manufacturer in fact work with each other? I’d like some clarification on this if possible. Thanks in advance.
The gears will work fine from Cat or Yamaha. Just make sure you get Hyvo and the right ratio. Early cat gears and chain was not Hyvo. I believe all the 7000's had Hyvo gear and chain.

The gears will work fine from Cat or Yamaha. Just make sure you get Hyvo and the right ratio. Early cat gears and chain was not Hyvo. I believe all the 7000's had Hyvo gear and chain.
Great thank you for that. My ‘17 uses the same gears and chain as the ‘18 ZR7000 mentioned on Arctic Chat. So the Viper top gear and chain should work for me

Back