• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

yellow warning light on

civilsr5

Extreme
This is probably a simple answer that i could have searched but i need an answer my dad took my sled out and im not with him and the yellow warning light came on about 5 miles into his trip. no other lights are on and no symbols for engine or oil, just the yellow light What does that mean? Is it just a warning that the sled is getting hot. he shut it down waited ten minutes and started it back up and the light was off. when he got back to the driveway the light came back on. Of course it happens when im not there.

He was overheating, probably riding too slow for too long, not getting enough snow up under the tunnel for the heat exchangers to work properly. It's happened to me on warm days if I ride slow for too long, I drive off into deeper snow and give it a bit to get some snow up to the front exchanger and stop and throw some snow on the running boards for the side ones.

She may have been heating up due to poor snow conditions? Otherwise low fuel or oil. No other indicators on with the yellow light?

No other indicators. just yellow warning light. i know its not fuel cuz i rode it last weekend and filled it when i left. i myself have had the yellow warning light come on once when i was riding it with no indicator lights as well is it just getting warm i know snow conditions are not great right now because of the last two days of 60 degree weather but why the light by itself?

When I have seen the yellow light indicator it usually is accomapanied with an icon such as low fuel with the fuel indicator, overheating with the temp indicator, etc.... Those indicators are sometimes hard to see. After I installed my exhaust I had only the yellow light come on shortly after I took it out for a test ride and no other indicators. Since this was the only thing I did, I removed my seat and re-checked my vent line and connections to the fuel cell and never had it happen again????

i dont know he said no other indicators were on and when i had the light come on there wasnt one either. I just wish i was there so i could ride it around and make sure its ok. it doesnt even have 500 miles on it. but im sure it was low snow and he was probably riding slow, not like i ride it lol

There should have been an indicator in the dash as well to show exactly what the issue was.

Back