• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yep, Thundercat has EPS, but that GREY...

Adapt belt.......first $300 belt??? Wouldn’t be surprised! I LOVE MY 17 LE!

View attachment 160252
Looks like the gearing is 22-48 which I believe is new

Looking at Arctic Cat's website right now and it doesn't appear the new 2022 models have been updated. Looking at 2021 Thundercat and it says it has 22/48 gearing for 2021. Not sure if this is new for 2022 or not based on this.

Tcat: EPS looks to add approx $900....wow!

Snowmageddon Pricing:
$15,695 Base(Qs3 manual)
$16,595 EPS(Qs3 manual)
$17,195 EPS(ATAC)

Dan

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 9.13.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 9.13.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 9.16.04 AM.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
Already spending the cash what’s another 900 for power steering at least it’s an option we know won’t fail as the apex/vector we’re amazing snd reliable. Just my 2 cents yes it’s a great chassis and set up right achieve light steering but for 900 for lightest steering ever hard not to consider. Now I know the iat shocks have had their issues. I can see a lot opting for the base manual adjusting.

Already spending the cash what’s another 900 for power steering at least it’s an option we know won’t fail as the apex/vector we’re amazing snd reliable. Just my 2 cents yes it’s a great chassis and set up right achieve light steering but for 900 for lightest steering ever hard not to consider. Now I know the iat shocks have had their issues. I can see a lot opting for the base manual adjusting.

Don't be so sure. FYI, the Power steering is all Arctic Cat engineered and uses parts from the Cat SXS, not Yamaha engineered or designed at all. All you can hope for is it will be better than the kids that works on the driveline and the iACT system.

Read on down when they get to the Q&A with the engineer that worked on it from Cat.
http://www.arcticinsider.com/Article/An-Inside-Look-at-2022-Thundercat

Here is a little excerpt.
Ben: The EPS motor itself is the same motor used in all of Arctic Cat’s dirt product. (ATVs and UTVs) The system was designed by AC engineering. When you look under the hood of a Thundercat, you think nothing else could possibly fit underneath. But in all honesty, the EPS unit ended up packaging quite nicely, and we were able to adjust our assembly processes slightly to accommodate. The calibration was also developed by AC engineering to deliver enough assist to create ease, but subtle enough where the rider can still feel the front end on the snow and be confident in cornering.

So what's the button with the "TAC" icon? above the handlebar grip/thumbstick heater switch?

Don't be so sure. FYI, the Power steering is all Arctic Cat engineered and uses parts from the Cat SXS, not Yamaha engineered or designed at all. All you can hope for is it will be better than the kids that works on the driveline and the iACT system.

Read on down when they get to the Q&A with the engineer that worked on it from Cat.

Ben: The EPS motor itself is the same motor used in all of Arctic Cat’s dirt product. (ATVs and UTVs) The system was designed by AC engineering. When you look under the hood of a Thundercat, you think nothing else could possibly fit underneath. But in all honesty, the EPS unit ended up packaging quite nicely, and we were able to adjust our assembly processes slightly to accommodate. The calibration was also developed by AC engineering to deliver enough assist to create ease, but subtle enough where the rider can still feel the front end on the snow and be confident in cornering.
I didn’t even go into that. Thanks for sharing. Be interesting when Yamaha releases what is said.

Likely will be great sled but like others I just cant get into the Grey............Cats are Black and green...old school I know...but my 74 eltigre was BLACK with Green decals free air Kawaski with 4 plugs in a 2 cylinder

Last edited:

EPS make by C@T is a bad news to me . :confused:;):DI would have liked better 100% yamaha EPS...

I will keep my 2017 :sled2:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Cat is losing sales due to the fact that they can't/won't break from their traditional colours across the entire sled line up. Just plain foolish.
If they want to keep offering these colours - fine. But also offer lots of other colour packages.
If we were count the amount of colour packages offered on the Winder since 2017, they would be far, far higher than the 9000/TCat.
No wonder that Cat dealer in Timmins was cranky that the Winder outsells the Cat version 10-1

Back