• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YES on Ebay

thunder219

Veteran
I was wanting to know if anybody has bought one off of Ebay and is $495 a good price for a four year deal? My warrenty is up next month and dont really want to spend the money but as I found out on my RX1 it doesnt take long to rack up $500 in repair and that was me doing the work. I hope it will be money wasted and I never need it but I think it will be nice piece of mind knowing that I have it if needed. Thanks for any responses.

OK I finally got it to come up on a search and I see Port Yamaha had it for 499 at the beginning of the year and will buy one from them before I would get it off Ebay( very good people to deal with from last year and very helpful), but here is my queston. Should I buy it from the dealer closest to me because that is where I would have to take it because the next closest dealer is about 100 miles away or buy it else where. I didnt buy the sled there either because I was in Mi and was tired of messing with my RX1 so I drove to Hackers at Houghton Lake and bought a Nytro. My local dealer would not deal on a trade in Dec. because they said it was getting to late in the season to sell it! I just think that they will be a$$e$ regaurdless of what I do and I know they will want top dollar for a 4 year plan.
My next question is do they have to honor it if it is a legit problem? I know anything questionable I will end up eating it. I am sorry to keep babbling on but I know to get an actual educated answer the people of this sight would now. Thanks again, Walt

do a search as there's been many posts about this, but imho it's worth it. as you said one repair and it's paid for itself

It does not matter where you buy the YES from. It is accepted by all authorized dealers in US. I bought mine in CT and had my sled fixed here in NY when I had problems. Just make sure you go to a "good" dealer for your warranty issues. They will examine the problem and decide if it is covered or not. There is some flex ability with some of the warranty issues if the dealer is willing to "fight" for you. The dealer I went to essentially contacted Yamaha and told them what he wanted to do which was contrary to what they were thinking. Yamaha wanted to rebuild my engine, the dealer strongly advised for a new engine. They sent a new motor with carb racks in the crate. Dealer can make a big difference in claims. Do a search on my posts and you can see what happened to my sled.

:yam: :4STroke: :rocks:

I called my dealer and and the lowest he would go is $599 for a four year or $450 for a 1 year. I am going to go talk to them and try to get him to come down to at least split the difference of port yamaha so maybe he would put up a bit more of a fight if I do have a problem. Thanks for the replies. I tried to do a search before I posted last night and it was not bringing anything up so sorry about posting a question that has been answered numorous timens. Thanks Walt

Back