• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

zbros +3 front end 40" wide

Bamboo said:
Been watching over on snowest a SPG kit install. Looks like a nightmare to install.

I believe it took me about 1.5 - 2 hours.

The only "tricky" part was installing the spherical bearings in my floats.
I got a buddy from work to install them for me, as i was away on work and as always in a hurry to get things installed on my sled.

We did however not use the equipped lock rings to mount them, as we did not have the proper tool for getting them installed.

I will buy what ever kit will allow me to run stock floats , shippin mine out for spherical bearings is just to much for me . I like the idea of more ground clearance aswell.

I was told by my dealer NOT to worry about changing the bushings on my stock float 2's and mount them in the stock mounting holes as this is what the dealer himself had been doing on his own sleds. Have 3 days on the sled like that and all seems just fine.

I did this kit instead of the skinz set-up because of the cost. I am amazed at how the sled works now, layin it over in the fluff is so effortless you have to really watch it. It stays down and doesn't POP back up. Sidehilling is ALOT easier you don't get bumped out of your track. I'll be honest I was to the point of picking up a used Apex because I can ride them easier but now I'm not even thinking about an Apex. The only thing I really have to work on is dialing the rear suspension in. I have a turbo on this sled but I think a stock sled would benefit from this front end, it is so much easier to ride. Oh and I'm using the stock fox floats too without any problems.

I have to agree the install of the skinz doesnt look any harder then puting any other front end kit together including the stock OEM one. I did read that one or two people put the arms on wrong but i contribute that to getting amped up because they had shinny new parts to put on their ride and not taking their time to lay everything out. I cant say for sure though. The alignment is not that tough either it is just WAY time consuming but that has nothing to to with the kit itself. I think hugger70mtnmax is right about christopher not having a lot of wrenching expoerience and wanting to take his time to do it right. My TS front end was a little daunting because it was the first time i took apart a front end of a snowmobile but I wouldn't say it was difficult be any means. And Yes the alingnment process took the longest amount of time to get right
I do believe that aligning the Skinz kit will take a while longer and some trial and error because the tie-rods are bent forward. To get that bend in the right place and have everything aligned correctly will be a little tricky. :Rockon:

Back