• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

zbroz or skinz

09nytro

TY 4 Stroke God
Trying to figure out which a-arm kit to get. What is people running and why does it help sidehilling and the handling of the sled that much is it that big of a difference or a wast of money

That's for the input guy's ;)!

You are for sure going to get a lot of opinions, but please keep in mind that not too many of these opinions will be based on actually running and comparing both of these brands.
I can only speak for the narrow Skinz kit in my MTX and I am very happy. Big improvement in stability during long turns without losing any turning and - in general - a less nervous sled, probably because of the more forward ski as well as the less aggressive front end geometry.

The skins kit moves the front +3 right ( more forward) I'm sure I will, I'm hoping to get input from people that have the kits and have miles on them

Thanks for the info alatalo.

Been hearing or I mean reading good and bad about both on snowiest

I have 400 miles on my 39" SKINZ kit. I have a 2012 MTX with a 162" track, stock front shocks with the OFT mod (spherical bearings), OFT steering relocater, and SKINZ air frame boards.

So far I really like this set up, I can rip powder turns a lot tighter than a stock sled, it handles/steers "lighter", and the sled goes where I want it to - especially on sidehills and other off camber maneuvers.

Alatalo said:
You are for sure going to get a lot of opinions, but please keep in mind that not too many of these opinions will be based on actually running and comparing both of these brands.
I can only speak for the narrow Skinz kit in my MTX and I am very happy. Big improvement in stability during long turns without losing any turning and - in general - a less nervous sled, probably because of the more forward ski as well as the less aggressive front end geometry.

How durable is the Skinz kit? Will it withstand same on trail abuse as stock a arms?

BADSLED said:
Alatalo said:

How durable is the Skinz kit? Will it withstand same on trail abuse as stock a arms?
ask rclofrm, he has used and abused his skinz kit and its holding up pretty well on his skuzball sled.
http://ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=10 ... e&start=75

BADSLED said:
No clue, not really into trail abuse with the MTX...

On a side note, considering the approximately ten thousand different threads about bent front subframes, what is really the benefit in running strong A-arms...? I would rather swap a bent A-arm than a bent front subframe...

I will turn 1k miles on my front end this weekend :Rockon: Yes it has seen far more abuse than I would like to put at it. Both of the big impacts were enough to damage a lot and yes I would rather not bend a subframe. But if your rip off or bend a A arm there is a good chance you will take out a shock as well. Not to mention the ride home will be much more miserable without a lower A arm. I know first hand what it takes to bend a Z broz arm (it did take out the subframe and shock with it) and it was far less impact than either of the two brutal impacts my Skinz has taken. Not to mention the Z broz was a narrow front end and the Skinz is a 42".

I had a ride on Sunday that is not the normal for me but I did a hundred mile day reaching speeds over 100 MPH and about 40 miles of them were on groomers. I did not ever get one bit of un predictable handling. This thing flat out works on the trails not to mention what it was designed and tested for, The deep!

I am a very adaptive rider so when I got the opportunity to get one of the very first 42" kits I was not sure how good I would be at seeing the sidhilling and deep snow performance. But the first weekend of deep riding of the year, I did back to back rides working the little 121 to its max and I felt like I had only rode 1 day at the end of the season the year prior. The biggest thing I see is how much less energy I use now. I am now at this point in the season really falling into what it will do for me and my technical side hills have gone to a whole new level. With a 42" front end!!!

Call OFT order a SPG and love it! You will not regret it, Skinz is a stand up company!

Last weekend, The snow conditions were far from great. But as you can see the front end turns the sled into a handling machine! Conditions like these are much like what you would expect to see with a "crossover" 42" wide sled. ;)! Oh and oops there may have been a tree harmed in the filming of this video :jump:
http://youtu.be/FXN0Mn_Dbgs[/b]

bottlerocket said:
What are your goals? Have you checked out JRE kit?

The only problem with jre is its maninly just for trail and thats it.You lose alot of ground clearance if you do any offtrail.

Thanks ricofmm nice write up on my kindle fire so can't see video, that's what I was looking for.

Bottlerocket, what he did is not what I'm looking for, I ride alot of Atv trails here and the bigger the bumps the faster I go, so looking for a better bump sled and off trail in deep snow ( haven't had that this year) and going though the Atv trails

Back