• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

‘06 Apex GT Rear Shock Compatibility

travisb

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Apex GT
Hello,

I have a 2006 Apex GT and am looking for a replacement rear shock. Mine has the Ohlins with electronic remote adjust. My shock seems to have lost any rebound damping, has visible signs of leaking and needs to be rebuilt. My concept is to remove the Ohlins for rebuild and install a used replacement for the remainder of the (short) riding season here in MA.

Is there a list of replacement shocks that will bolt on without modifications? I found a few used shocks on eBay but compatibility with the Apex GT is not clear.

For example, a rear shock from a 2010 vector LTX GT RER elec start has PN: 8HD-47480-01-00 (Partzilla), but an eBay listed PN: 8GM-47480-01-00. From Partzilla, my shock’s PN is 8GD-47480-00-00, which is close but different in at least the second two of the first three characters. The eye-to-eye length in this listing and my measurement are the same.

(edit: Hygear offers the 70108-RA for $1,079, but I was looking for a lower priced used shock.)

Thank you for any help,
Ben

Not sure if you use the electronic adjust much but I have been told the kyb(standard shocks) were actually more durable. You just lose adjustability with them (no compression adjustment). With a revalve they ride pretty good. Remember to set your sag.

Hello,

I have a 2006 Apex GT and am looking for a replacement rear shock. Mine has the Ohlins with electronic remote adjust. My shock seems to have lost any rebound damping, has visible signs of leaking and needs to be rebuilt. My concept is to remove the Ohlins for rebuild and install a used replacement for the remainder of the (short) riding season here in MA.

Is there a list of replacement shocks that will bolt on without modifications? I found a few used shocks on eBay but compatibility with the Apex GT is not clear.

For example, a rear shock from a 2010 vector LTX GT RER elec start has PN: 8HD-47480-01-00 (Partzilla), but an eBay listed PN: 8GM-47480-01-00. From Partzilla, my shock’s PN is 8GD-47480-00-00, which is close but different in at least the second two of the first three characters. The eye-to-eye length in this listing and my measurement are the same.

(edit: Hygear offers the 70108-RA for $1,079, but I was looking for a lower priced used shock.)

Thank you for any help,
Ben
I have a standard mono shock from a 2009 Vector if interested. Let me know I’ll shoot you a price.

Thank you for your offer. I found an Ohlins shock from Al’s Snowmobile Parts Warehouse in Newport, VT and am going to use that while I get mine rebuilt.

Back