• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

02 sensor location on muffler

DennyTuna

RIP-Logan-Dylan-Never forgotten!
Country
USA
Snowmobile
18 Winder LTX 50th
16 SR Viper RTX (red)
02 SX Viper ER (red)
97 SX Vmax 600 (red)
Trying to decide what's the best spot for the AFR sensor? New to this tune game as I just got my first tune delivered yesterday. Where have you guys with the gap closed loop system been installing the AFR? How did you run and tie off your wires? Thanks for any help.

IMG_20201019_145834_resize_2.jpg
Here you go....

You want to weld the bung like Hurricane has here on the 2.5" trail muffler. It will end up where I have my finger pointing on the next picture. If you weld it like this you will need no trimming of the heat shield at all.

The second picture shows my 3" VineyFab muffler which has the bung welded on the back side and requires a pretty good trimming of the heat shield and exposes the wires to the heat of the header or pipe leading to the turbo. I prefer it like Hurricane welded it on the trail muffler. So drill a hole right where my finger is pointing to just under the shield.

u
IMG_4289.jpg
IMG_4291.jpg

Also to simplify sensor service, position the bung so the sensor can be easily removed, so as to avoid removing the muffler/turbine housing....there is only a small window where this can be done on a stock muffler.

Last edited:
Thanks knapp that's exactly were I installed it. Now I'm ready to flash my sled, have the software down loaded onto my PC and the app ready on the droid. Just one problem.....I have no clue where to go from here! Would one of you experts talk me thru it? I can PM my cell to whoever wants to help me.

Thanks knapp that's exactly were I installed it. Now I'm ready to flash my sled, have the software down loaded onto my PC and the app ready on the droid. Just one problem.....I have no clue where to go from here! Would one of you experts talk me thru it? I can PM my cell to whoever wants to help me.
You have a flasher I take it?
Plug the flasher into your PC and load the files into the flasher. Then plug the flasher into the sled and connect your hand held device via bluetooth to the flasher. Turn ignition to on but don't start sled.
Your handheld device should recognize it.

I still have more questions. Yes I have a flasher. Hooking up all the pieces parts, 3 bar fuel map sensor...ect

I still have more questions. Yes I have a flasher. Hooking up all the pieces parts, 3 bar fuel map sensor...ect
Who did you get it from...? There should be instructions where/how to install. The three bar sensor right by the fuse box and it is the second one over I think.
Whoever you bought the maps from should have made the maps according to all the mods done.

Hurricane, when I spoke with Dave a couple of days ago he said to call him when I'm ready to go and he would walk me thru the install but there not open today or tomorrow.

Will a 02 sensor install work on this exhaust. Location is limited. I seem to recall a post about someone having issues with it being to close and burning out the sensors

I’ve searched for that post and can’t find it

Attachments

• 286F389A-D5A0-4BC7-BB8D-EA69A5B54C01.jpeg
    286F389A-D5A0-4BC7-BB8D-EA69A5B54C01.jpeg
    54.8 KB · Views: 51

Back