• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

AFR differences with can/intake

I added the out the hood intake this weekend. Before the intake my tune was spot on at 12.0 AFR at WOT using the powercommander and autotune. . Fuel trims were at zero. It appears the intake pushed the trims to about +10 to +12. So it would appear the intake makes the sled flow a lot more and you need to add another 10% fuel. Intake temps also went from about 10*C at 60-70kph down the trail to -10*C. Outside temp was about -20C. Sure a big difference in intake temps.
Did the sled make more boost with the intake as well? Or just lower iat?

Sled should always target the same boost number as the WG solenoid duty cycle would change to keep the boost in check.
That isn’t exactly correct. I know some stock sleds were over boosting when adding a muffler. Some of the tunes specifically say do not add an intake unless the tune is made for the intake. Did you data log boost psi?

That isn’t exactly correct. I know some stock sleds were over boosting when adding a muffler. Some of the tunes specifically say do not add an intake unless the tune is made for the intake. Did you data log boost psi?
I have a autometer boost gauge on my sled. Since day one bone stock it has always shown 10-12 pounds on the gauge. Even after adding a high flow can and intake it still shows 10-12. I did however have the WG solenoid freeze open and it would hit 15psi and instantly hit boost cut.

I think the bigger issue with adding a intake and can was the AFR leaning out badly. Boost levels never really changed at all.

I have a autometer boost gauge on my sled. Since day one bone stock it has always shown 10-12 pounds on the gauge. Even after adding a high flow can and intake it still shows 10-12. I did however have the WG solenoid freeze open and it would hit 15psi and instantly hit boost cut.

I think the bigger issue with adding a intake and can was the AFR leaning out badly. Boost levels never really changed at all.

10psi stock to 12psi with the intake and exhaust would be your 10% more fuel and leaning out. You can data log the boost pressure with your pod 300. Surprised you are not doing this.

10psi stock to 12psi with the intake and exhaust would be your 10% more fuel and leaning out. You can data log the boost pressure with your pod 300. Surprised you are not doing this.
I have datalogged lots. Doing multiple runs same day the sled will show anywhere from 10-12 psi during a pull. I didn't gain 2psi because of the mods. However adding the aftermarket muffler and a intake definitely made a huge power improvement.

Back