• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

02 sx viper 700 any good

How old is this kid? On side note the seat is why it rode terrible. If you can get the pleated viper seat it helps, the sx/srx pleated seats were best.

Go over to the 2 stroke side Snobill. Lots of info over there. Mr.Viper (Don) knows everything there is about these sleds. I seem to recall a couple easy adjustments for reliability. Not sure what they were tho.

If I remember correctly, there is something that causes a lean condition if they are ridden at part throttle. They need the needles adjusted maybe? Definitely go to the 2 stroke site.

Ya I was reading something about that hopefully it’s not to late , compression was good so ...

This was Mr. Viper's recommendations for setting the needles on the Viper carbs.

The Viper has leaner carb settings then a SRX does, they use leaner nozzles, needles and slides, BUT.. they have way more ign. timing and a higher compression ratio, so this is a recipe for detonation with this crap they call gas these days. By richening up the needle you will make it slightly richer and most of the time this is where the viper will do a lean burn on the piston. Put the needle clip in the 4th groove down from the top but place both plastic shims on top of the clip instead of 1 on each side or under the clip. If you put them under the clip it will likely be blubbery sounding and not run very well in the cruise spot. By doing this your richening them up a half spot and help the mid range fuel mixture to be richer and have less heat resulting in less chance for detonation to start.

Here she is !!

Attachments

• DCDB28C3-6BB4-461D-8B23-3C5D6DDB019C.jpeg
    DCDB28C3-6BB4-461D-8B23-3C5D6DDB019C.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 213

Back