• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

02 Viper rear shock into RX 1 (non rebuildable)

ekmoor

Removed my main skid shock on my 03 RX 1 and found a non rebuildable shock. I have a 02 viper skid with shocks and they are rebuildable. Spoke to Pioneer and they said they would swap out the main (after rebuilding) with the viper and rebuild the RX1 front shock.

Any reason this won't work? Any differences in spring rate?
Thanks....Ed

why not just change out the spring with the RX1 spring? i think the Viper spring is a different rate.

I did the same thing back in 03. The 02 vipers came wrong from factory, so they let the viper owners change to new shocks. They did not make the stealer send the old ones back. I bought a set for fifty bucks, took it to pioneer for a revavle and still running it today 8 thousand miles later. Still find, you may need to play with the pre-load, but thats no biggey.

Go with the Viper shock, bolts right in. I used my revalved shock for two years, worked great. Huge improvement over stock.

Back