• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

03 rx1 lean condition...?

jrice1987

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2003 Yamaha rx1
So we got a little snow and I took er out for a test spin, it seems that I have a lean condition, plugs were black, now they look like there tuning white. I have even raised the needle still didn't help. Floats set to high end of tolerance.

So we got a little snow and I took er out for a test spin, it seems that I have a lean condition, plugs were black, now they look like there tuning white. I have even raised the needle still didn't help. Floats set to high end of tolerance.

How far and long did you drive it?

Not real long, couple real good rips across the field, shut down to check plugs, you think it's just the black crap burning off, the plugs are not that old, would stabil do this?

Not real long, couple real good rips across the field, shut down to check plugs, you think it's just the black crap burning off, the plugs are not that old, would stabil do this?
You can’t check plug color on a 4 stroke like that. It has to be at full temp and then new plugs and even that’s tuff.

start it up and with it running, spray brake cleaner all over the carbs and see if rpm changes. if no change in rpm, run it.

agree with above. These tend to run lean from the get go but they don't seem to mind too much. Some people (me included) went with 137.5 mains, if you are running a stock airbox.
I pull my plugs after several hours riding or at least normal operating temp and a long WOT run. Altitude plays a factor as well depending on your location

Ok thanks guys, I sprayed it down with carb cleaner no vac leaks just makes me worry it was 28 degrees out and and tip was was turning gray worried about when it gets colder, the insulator part is still black though I dunno.

with 135 mains in mine my plugs were white, you are fine check after a good day of riding if you are worried about it

Back