• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

03 Viper vs 03 RX1

What would you do?

• Keep Viper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sell Viper, buy RX1

• Keep Viper and triple pipe it

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The masses have spoken! 66% for the Viper, 33% for the RX-1. Passed on the RX-1 deal. Guess I'll be riding the Viper a little longer, LOL.

I rode my 2001 SX700R with Bender tripple pipes from new, ran great. Sold it with 4000 miles on it, engine still looked like new inside. I did run it for 3+ miles wide open on the lake without a hickup. Jetted correctly I would say the Yammi triples are bullet proof, lean on top and KABOM there she blows. Keep the Viper and buy a Apex/Attak when u get a good deal on hand.

LOL, yah I didn't mention it cause of what a lot of people said, but I orded ceramic coated SLP pipes to give the Viper a bit more of an edge. And yes I know it's not as simple as bolting them on. I've already got the large rear cooler on it and I'm going to put an SRX base gasket on it + the Bender Opti-Cool head gasket. I'll start with their recommeneded jetting and do lots of plug/piston reading to get it setup nice and safe.

Off season when it comes to riding, maybe, but not off season for talking sleds, LOL.

You will love your tripple-tripple Viper. What will power be with the SLPs installed?

SLPs take the stock 115-120 HP Viper and bring it up to 146HP (according to the dyno sheets I've seen). Fun part will be clutching. Got it dialed in last year to run 115MPH (radar) stock. Now I'm going to have to go through the whole process again, JOY! These pipe make top HP at 8800-8900 vs stock 8600, so it should make for another fun December. I've got my cottage though and the lake is perfect test site for sled tuning. Hopefully I can break the 120 barrier once I've got it all tweeked.

Thanks to everyone who voted. Was hard to pass on such a good deal.

Well, I had a 2002 Viper and then a 2003 RX-1. I would absolutely have gone with the RX-1. My Viper was stock, except for the updated shocks and spring. The RX-1 was stock, but I then trashed the suspension and since I was going to have to buy a new one anyway went with the M-10. The M-10 is great. But, even with the PA I would say the RX-1 was much more fun. There is nothing like the genesis extreme 4 cylinder. Just my 2 cents. RX-1 all the way.

Back